Here goes

bigbird

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not with Cueto/Bailey and Votto available. I'd rather do a deal for those two from the Reds than I would those three from the Mariners.
You can't take just the 2 Reds over those 3 M's. Those 2 Reds over any 2 of those M's definitely, but not all 3. Of course, there'd probably be more coming back in a Reds deal which might outweigh just the 3 Mariners.

You can't take just the 2 Reds over those 3 M's. Those 2 Reds over any 2 of those M's definitely, but not all 3. Of course, there'd probably be more coming back in a Reds deal which might outweigh just the 3 Mariners.

You can too, Cueto/Bailey > Morrow+Balentien, Votto > Clement. Balentien isn't that great of a prospect. I would say Reimold is a better prospect than Balentien.

Ahhhh that's a different story... and if it was Bruce and Cueto/Votto/Bailey, I would certainly consider it.

But it's very bold to take 2 over 3, especially when it's 3 very good prospects.

Not with Cueto/Bailey and Votto available. I'd rather do a deal for those two from the Reds than I would those three from the Mariners.

I agree. Cueto and Votto are both more valuable than Morrill, Clement or Balentein.

Frankly, the Reds wouldn't have to add too much to Cueto and Votto to make me happy. A decent SS or 2B prospect would do it for me.

Jones is the best player of this bunch, but I'm not as excited about the other players I hear coming back from Seattle. They don't have a young pitcher to offer who is as good as Cueto, not even close in my opinion.

Balentien is a year off of .230 at AA. Morrow has never had command. Clement's value exists largely in trade.

I can, absolutely, take Cueto and Votto over those two. I'm not saying I would, but I definitely take: Cueto, Votto, Stubbs, + 1 over the M's package.

Balentien is a year off of .230 at AA. Morrow has never had command. Clement's value exists largely in trade.

I can, absolutely, take Cueto and Votto over those two. I'm not saying I would, but I definitely take: Cueto, Votto, Stubbs, + 1 over the M's package.

Let's say Clement is flipped for Brignac.

So, Brignac, Morrow and Balentien or Cueto and Votto?

I think i still take the Reds deal because I don't have high hopes for Morrow and Brignac took a step back this year.

I think if the O's are not getting someone's #1 prospect in return, then they have no business getting a #1 starter from us. Period. Jones or Bruce absolutely have to be on the table unless #2,3,and 4 are there. Once Bedard is gone, what chips do we have left that can bring back anything after Roberts? Loewen and Markakis for a crap-load of A and AA guys?

I think AM is doing a nice job holding out for the best possible deal, and if it doesn't come...keep Bedard and do the best you can putting pieces in around him until a fair offer comes along. It's not like keeping him will ruin this wonderful thing we've got going here in Baltimore...in my opinion, fixing this wretched franchise will take FAR, FAR more than the 3-4 chips that will come back in a Bedard trade. Somehow this organization needs to be free of ALL Angelos interference. Until that happens (and judging from BB's reference to PA waffling regarding Brian Roberts...the more things change...), we will unfortunately have little chance of becoming more than NY & BOS's doormat.

Sorry for the depressing yuletide observation, but I've sat in one too many games at Camden Yards filled to the brim with obnoxious MFY and DeadSux fans.

Let's say Clement is flipped for Brignac.

So, Brignac, Morrow and Balentien or Cueto and Votto?

I think i still take the Reds deal because I don't have high hopes for Morrow and Brignac took a step back this year.

Yep. Reds.

If we could flip Clement for a good SS prospect, I'd be all over it. But right now, Brignac is the best available (it seems) and I'm just not sure about him. (He has questions both on offense and defense, after all. Though he'll likely be fine.)

I'd be thrilled with Cueto, Votto, Stubbs +1 to be sure. I would also be thrilled with Cueto, Vott, Keppinger + 1. And maybe you could take away the +1 on either of those deals.

I'll go one further, if Jones and Clement are on the table with only a third player like Tillman or Butler, he has to pull the trigger. Haren didn't net two top prospects, so the fact that Bedard can is a coup. Beane's trade of Haren hurt Bedard's value

Cueto/Bailey, Votto and Stubbs or Jones, Clement, Tillman/Butler and I pull the trigger. I will go on record as saying Bedard will not be worth these packages at the trade deadline this season. Make the deal now!

Again JTrea, we agree. We HOPE for a better package, but truthfully I would rather take those deals than hope for better later.

Jones/Clement/Tillman or Bailey/Votto/Stubbs gets it done for me...

However... what about this radical SG-type inspired 4-way?>

Baltimore gets Bruce & Morrow > gives up Bedard, Bradford

Seattle gets Zito, Hennessey & Bradford > gives up Jones, Morrow, Clement

Cincinnati gets Bedard & Clement > gives up Cueto, Bruce

San Francisco gets Jones, Cueto > gives up Zito & Hennessey

WHEW!! ... Perfect :D

Again JTrea, we agree. We HOPE for a better package, but truthfully I would rather take those deals than hope for better later.

Jones/Clement/Tillman or Bailey/Votto/Stubbs gets it done for me...

However... what about this radical SG-type inspired 4-way?>

Baltimore gets Bruce & Morrow > gives up Bedard, Bradford

Seattle gets Zito, Hennessey & Bradford > gives up Jones, Morrow, Clement

Cincinnati gets Bedard & Clement > gives up Cueto, Bruce

San Francisco gets Jones, Cueto > gives up Zito & Hennessey

WHEW!! ... Perfect :D

SF makes out extremely well in that deal.

Archived