O's are raking it in

Frobby

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Winning sells? Really???? Sports Business 101.

The bandwagoners came out in full force this winter...NICE! Now if the team is average or below by like June or so where will they be?!

Who cares as long as the season ticket plans got sold! :P

Pretty much correct. I think the O's will maintain or slightly surpass last year's attendance even if the team has a poor year, due to increased season ticket sales. But if they really want to build on last year's increase in a significant way, they need to contend again.

It was so much fun going to games where there were 30-40,000 enthused fans in the ballpark late in the year....I'd love to have that feeling at games in the earlier parts of the season in 2013.

• 2 weeks later...

Another sign that season tickets will be way up this year:

There may not be many new faces at the Orioles' FanFest on Jan. 19, but all of the autograph vouchers sold out today in less than an hour.

This is the first time since the Orioles implemented this format that vouchers sold out on the first day.

One of my Twitters followers wrote that they sold out in approximately 40 minutes and the Manny Machado vouchers were gone in five minutes.

Tickets still remain for FanFest, to be held at the Baltimore Convention Center on Jan. 19, but they're apparently going fast.

"The response from fans today has been overwhelming," said Greg Bader, the Orioles' director of communications.

"In addition to the quick sellout of autograph vouchers, FanFest ticket sales are also running well ahead of previous seasons. We're thrilled to see our fans are as excited about 2013 as we are."

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2013/01/notes-on-berkman-and-fanfest.html

Winning sells? Really???? Sports Business 101.

The bandwagoners came out in full force this winter...NICE!

Now if the team is average or below by like June or so, where will they be?!

Worrying 101. Cross that bridge if and when it happens.

For the time being, I'm enjoying the Orioles' climb back to respectability with an excellent manager and a young team. And if they are selling a lot of Orioles merchandise as a result of that, I'm happy about that too, regardless of who is buying the stuff.

Archived