ARam opts for free agency

Sports Guy

It also illustrates how stupid he is....I can't imagine he will sign for 5/70 when he will definitely be able to get more than that elsewhere. And i am not talking 1 million a year more either.

That's a pretty arrogant and misinformed comment to make.

You have no business dictating what a guy like ARam's priorities should be.

If he wants to sign for less than absolute top dollar in order to be in a city/team of his choosing (whether that be CHC, LAA, NYY, or whomever), then who are you to call him stupid for it?

The fact that you "can't imagine" this goes a long way toward explaining why you've misjudged this situation from Day 1.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARam close to resigning?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

The reaction to this here in Chicago has actually been pretty negative. Most of the fans and media believe that the fat, lazy, no hussle, no heart, no glove slug he was in the first half of the season is the real Ramirez. He did nothing the first half and then put on a heck of a salary drive the second half of the season when the games were totally meaningless. The speculation is that once he gets the money he goes back to being the lazy slob. So who knows, if the Tribsters think they can save the money and their fans aren't going to care he might still fall into your laps.

That's a pretty arrogant and misinformed comment to make.

You have no business dictating what a guy like ARam's priorities should be.

If he wants to sign for less than absolute top dollar in order to be in a city/team of his choosing (whether that be CHC, LAA, NYY, or whomever), then who are you to call him stupid for it?

The fact that you "can't imagine" this goes a long way toward explaining why you've misjudged this situation from Day 1.

I have no issue with him wanting things over money. But we are talking another 1-2 years and 20+ million dollars less. That has never happened as far as i can remember.

The reaction to this here in Chicago has actually been pretty negative. Most of the fans and media believe that the fat, lazy, no hussle, no heart, no glove slug he was in the first half of the season is the real Ramirez. He did nothing the first half and then put on a heck of a salary drive the second half of the season when the games were totally meaningless. The speculation is that once he gets the money he goes back to being the lazy slob. So who knows, if the Tribsters think they can save the money and their fans aren't going to care he might still fall into your laps.

That opinion is certainly out there, but it's the minority one IMO.

Of all the Cubs boards I visit, nobody whose baseball knowledge/opinion I rate highly feels this way.

Didn't Brian Giles turn down a much better deal with Toronto (?) to resign for a much lower deal with San Diego just last year?

Same example I was going to mention.

More money, and more years, were available elsewhere. Heck lots of Cub fans were hot after that guy, and were floored by the deal he agreed to with SD.

Archived