ARam opts for free agency

Sports Guy

I can't see Mora moving being a real obstacle.... as much complaining as they (Tejada and Mora) have done for the FO to acquire real talent to compete, how could they be a barrier to that process and yet continue to complain?

I am just not sure the Orioles will even ask but they might and they should.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why? According to reports, they intend to be players in the FA market. They'll wind up paying that much to replace him if they lose him.

Few reasons:

1) Hendry's obvious obsession with Soriano.

2) ARam's questionable work ethic.

3) Scott Moore, whom they seem to like.

I like the logic of improving our production at 3B with ARam. I don't see any advantage to putting Mora in LF, though, since his .733 OPS is even further below the league median (.787) there than at 3B (.776). My solution would be make him a part-time/platoon/bench player (instead of Gomez/Fahey). Heck, he might even make a nice platoon with Patterson in center! (Yes, I know his defense is an issue no matter where he plays). If he doesn't like that role for his $7 million, he can always waive his no-trade clause.

I like the logic of improving our production at 3B with ARam. I don't see any advantage to putting Mora in LF, though, since his .733 OPS is even further below the league median (.787) there than at 3B (.776). My solution would be make him a part-time/platoon/bench player (instead of Gomez/Fahey). Heck, he might even make a nice platoon with Patterson in center! (Yes, I know his defense is an issue no matter where he plays). If he doesn't like that role for his $7 million, he can always waive his no-trade clause.

1) He will not except that role(even though that is his best role)

2) No one will trade for him unless we eat at least 8 million of his contract and doubtful PA does that for his "fan favorite".

It is so obvious what the Orioles should do it's painful. Make Aramis a COMPETITIVE offer right off the bat (i.e. don't dance around the fire -- jump in!). Then, when push comes to shove, don't do what you did with Konerko, make technically the best offer, and then complain when he doesn't sign with us. You need to leave him NO OTHER OPTION. Make an offer so good that he can't pass it up.

Then, move Mora to LF. Acquire Burrell and Ensberg to play DH and 1B respectively.

Roberts, 2B

Markakis, RF

Tejada, SS

Ramirez, 3B

Burrell, DH

Ensberg, 1B

Mora, LF

Hernandez, C

Patterson, CF

What's the problem here? That lineup can complete folks and it's not that expensive. GET IT DONE!

It is so obvious what the Orioles should do it's painful. Make Aramis a COMPETITIVE offer right off the bat (i.e. don't dance around the fire -- jump in!). Then, when push comes to shove, don't do what you did with Konerko, make technically the best offer, and then complain when he doesn't sign with us. You need to leave him NO OTHER OPTION. Make an offer so good that he can't pass it up.

Then, move Mora to LF. Acquire Burrell and Ensberg to play DH and 1B respectively.

Roberts, 2B

Markakis, RF

Tejada, SS

Ramirez, 3B

Burrell, DH

Ensberg, 1B

Mora, LF

Hernandez, C

Patterson, CF

What's the problem here? That lineup can complete folks and it's not that expensive. GET IT DONE!

Ensberg is a much better 3B than ARam.

He won't be signing here. The Angels and the Dodgers are both making him a primary target. What's it going to take to get him to turn down two contenders for the O's. Soriano money?

Yes! For once open up the checkbook and spend some green. PA has a brand new TV network that, after this year, will start rolling the money in. There's really no excuse. If the Angels and Dodgers make competitive offers, you can't go 1-2M more, you need to seriously up the ante. It can get done, I just don't know if it will.

Yes! For once open up the checkbook and spend some green. PA has a brand new TV network that, after this year, will start rolling the money in. There's really no excuse. If the Angels and Dodgers make competitive offers, you can't go 1-2M more, you need to seriously up the ante. It can get done, I just don't know if it will.

Sure, an overwhelming offer could get done, but recent history (actually.... it's getting to be a significant length of history, isn't it?) tells us it won't. Pure and simple, this team won't overbid enough when other teams are seriously, ernestly in the mix.

Sure, an overwhelming offer could get done, but recent history (actually.... it's getting to be a significant length of history, isn't it?) tells us it won't. Pure and simple, this team won't overbid enough when other teams are seriously, ernestly in the mix.

If I can change, and you can change, EVERYBODY CAN CHANGE!!!!

If I can change, and you can change, EVERYBODY CAN CHANGE!!!!

I find it interesting that while Carlos Lee's numbers are slightly better than Aram's, yet he is deemed not worth $15 mil. per and Aram is adjudged worth upwards of $20 mil. per. solely for the reason that he is 2 years younger.

Archived