ARam opts for free agency

Sports Guy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25% chance at best he is a Cub next year.

I don't see the Cubs paying 5/75 or more to get him. So, unless he is willing to take 10+ million less to say in Chicago, it ain't happening.

I agree with this..I have this sneaking suspicion ARam will be in different colored pinstripes in 2007.

The Yankees are paying ARod $16m a year, how much are they going to pay ARam?

I bet he'd take a discount to play there, 15 million per should get him in pinstripes. There is no doubt in my mind that the Yanks will make every effort to sign him and then trade A-Rod for pitching.

I think I was the first person to start talking about wanting Aram, so obviously this is a little encouraging. I say a little, because I doubt we'll sign him, and would guess we'd be better off if he just stays with the Cubs.

BTW, I'd go as high as 5/75 with an option that could bring it to 6/90 for him.

Yeah I think they would.

Is it wise if they do??? I mean, under the known constraints that his contract included, he was a valuable assest to his old team.

If he is resigned by the Cubs...can they afford to make the necessary moves that it will take to win the World Series NEXT YEAR so that a century has not passed with out them being champions?

I am not saying that ARam or any free agent is going to come to the Orioles.

I just think that his value to the Cubs is now over...they will either overpay for him now or lose him.

The 6 /100 that someone mentioned before appeared to be about right.

Is it wise if they do??? I mean, under the known constraints that his contract included, he was a valuable assest to his old team.

If he is resigned by the Cubs...can they afford to make the necessary moves that it will take to win the World Series NEXT YEAR so that a century has not passed with out them being champions?

I am not saying that ARam or any free agent is going to come to the Orioles.

I just think that his value to the Cubs is now over...they will either overpay for him now or lose him.

The 6 /100 that someone mentioned before appeared to be about right.

I think it'd be more appropriate to ask, If the Cubs plan to make the moves that it will take to win the World Series NEXT YEAR, how can they afford *not* to resign ARam?

This is huge if he is a free agent.

Think the O's need to sign him and maybe trade ARam.

For those who want Tejada traded, his value will only go up

if the O's sign ARam.

Of course if you sign ARam would you still be looking at trading Tejada

if the right deal came around?

Archived