Ongoing lineup thread for 2013

Aglets

Yes.

Whether you agree with his moves or not, nobody can accuse Bucky of being a robo-manager and/or not having the cojones to use his instincts, regardless of what the proverbial book says.

I disagree. There are plenty of examples of it (JJ in the 9th, Hardy batting 2nd all year, Vlad batting 4th all year etc.)

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes.

Whether you agree with his moves or not, nobody can accuse Bucky of being a robo-manager and/or not having the cojones to use his instincts, regardless of what the proverbial book says.

I disagree. There are plenty of examples of it (JJ in the 9th, Hardy batting 2nd all year, Vlad batting 4th all year etc.)

I didn't mean ever. I meant lately, such as batting McLouth 5th today, batting Markakis 7th against the Indians 5 days ago, giving him (Markakis) a day off 2 days ago, finally giving Jimmy Johnson a long rest when he was struggling (which seems to have helped him recuperate physically and emotionally, as he has been excellent in his last 5 games), switching Jones and Davis in the batting order for a game, and then back again, etc.

Are Nick's number against CC enough to warrant him to hit first?

Nick has a 18/67 (equates to .269/.301/.373 slash line) against CC in his career. Not exactly a world beater.

By that logic he should have Casilla bat lead off (OBP over .500 against CC in his career).

Nick has a 18/67 (equates to .269/.301/.373 slash line) against CC in his career. Not exactly a world beater.

By that logic he should have Casilla bat lead off (OBP over .500 against CC in his career).

But you have to throw logic out the window, there is no logic anymore having Nick bat first. To be honest, I would take Casilla batting first over him.

CC will be gone by the 5th inning so you want Markakis at the top of the order against the RH'ers in the bullpen

Hey that sounds pretty good... but no way I'd bat Markakis above 7th in any lineup.

He's one of Buck's guys, and he will win or lose with him playing a prominent role.

Archived