2013 New York Mets

OFFNY

7 solid innings and a no-decision for Harvey, although his E.R.A. went up to 1.44, and his team lost.

MATT HARVEY O (vs. PIRATES, 5/12)

IP:O 7

H:o. 5

R:O. 2

BB:. 2 *

SO:. 4

Pitches: 101 (64 Strikes, 37 Balls)

2013 ERA: 1.44

* Harvey also had 1 hit batsman.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harvey hasn't gotten much help from his offense this season, so HE took matters into his own hands by driving in the winning run of the game in the 7th inning.

He gave up 2 runs (one of which scored on a throwing error) on an infield single in the first inning. At one point, he retired 14 straight batters.

MATT HARVEY O (vs. CUBS, 5/17)

IP:O 7.33

BB:. 0

SO:. 6

Pitches: 106 (78 Strikes, 28 Balls)

2013 ERA: 1.55

The Reds got to Harvey, but he escaped with a no-decision.

The Mets got him off the hook ........ they owed him one. ;)

MATT HARVEY O (vs. REDS, 5/22)

IP:O 6.33

H:o. 9

R:O. 4

BB:. 3

Pitches: 116 (68 Strikes, 48 Balls)

2013 ERA: 1.93

The 1 run that Harvey gave up was partially due to an error. Cano led off the inning with a single, but advanced to 2nd base on Marlon Byrd's errant throw. The next batter grounded out, advancing the runner to 3rd. The next batter fouled out. A 2-out single scored the run. If not for the error, Cano may not have advanced beyond first base.

In any case, the Mets won the game. For the second night in a row, they came from behind to beat the Yankees by a score of 2-1.

They (the Metsies) will go for the sweep tomorrow.

MATT HARVEY O (vs. YANKEES, 5/28)

IP:O 8

H:o. 6

R:O. 1

SO:. 10

Pitches: 114 (80 Strikes, 34 Balls)

2013 ERA: 1.85

Good job by the Mets tonight.

They immediately scored 5 runs in the top of the 1st, and cruised to a 9-3 win.

And what was ONE OF the reasons why they were able to cruise ???

After jumping out to a huge lead they DID NOT walk a single batter. Pitch to contact with a big lead, no gifts, so what if they get a solo home run here and there, and walk away with an easy W.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=330529110

Gee retired the final 15 Yankees that he faced.

He also struck out the final 5 Yankees that he faced (and 6 out of the final 7.)

DILLON GEE O(vs. YANKEES, 5/30)

H:o. 4

SO:. 12

Pitches: 88 (63 Strikes, 25 Balls)

2013 ERA: 5.68

Gee retired the final 15 Yankees that he faced.

He also struck out the final 5 Yankees that he faced (and 6 out of the final 7.)

DILLON GEE O(vs. YANKEES, 5/30)

SO:. 12

Pitches: 88 (63 Strikes, 25 Balls)

2013 ERA: 5.68

The Mets have won 5 straight games for the first time this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Marcum pitched 8 innings out of the bullpen.

He threw 7 shutout innings before finally giving up a run in his 8th (the top of the 20th.)

At one point, he retired 16 consecutive batters.

And for his efforts, he got an L.

SHAUN MARCUM O (vs. MARLINS, 6/08)

IP:O 8 O(LOSS)

SO:. 7

Pitches: 105 (84 Strikes, 21 Balls)

2013 ERA: 4.96

Harvey's first loss of the season.

He left the game after the 7th inning, with the Mets trailing by a score of 1-0.

In Harvey's last 8 outings, the Mets have scored a total of 14 runs while he's been in the game, for an average of 1.75 runs per game.

MATT HARVEY O (vs. CARDINALS, 6/13)

IP:O 7

BB:. 1

Pitches: 97 (67 Strikes, 30 Balls)

2013 ERA: 2.04

The only other pitcher in Mets history (1962-Present) to have had a shutout bid spoiled by a walk-off home run was Roger Craig on July 19, 1963 at Connie Mack Stadium in Philadelphia.

Dillon Gee became the second one last night when Freddie Freeman knocked a 2-run shot into the stands with one out in the bottom of the 9th inning.

DILLON GEE O (vs. BRAVES, 6/17)

IP:O 8.33

BB:. 1

Pitches: 101 (72 Strikes, 29 Balls)

2013 ERA: 4.56

6 shutout innings and a W for Wheeler in his career major league debut.

The Mets took both ends of a doubleheader against the Braves today.

ZACHARY WHEELER O (vs. BRAVES, 6/18) .[GAME TWO] *

IP:O 6

R:O. 0

BB:. 5

Pitches: 102 (55 Strikes, 47 Balls)

2013 ERA: 0.00

* Wheeler's Career Major League Debut

Archived