vs. TWINS, 4/05 (Home Opener)

OFFNY

Clearly a case of trying to do too much. Flaherty and Reimold went up there hacking when they should have shown a little bit of patience. Should have come out of that inning with more than just 1 run.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't argue in favor of "him." I argue in favor of using sound judgement and analysis. If you give a guy a spot in your rotation, you don't dump him because of a bad inning especially one that would have ended if our outfielder made a halfway decent play. If you expect young pitchers to be good as soon as they are called up, you will never have good pitchers.

I assume you made lots of negative posts asking to cut Tillman?

No, I was more in favor of sending him to AAA and seeing if he could figure it out. That's what I'd do with Jake if we didn't have a couple of guys who should be ready soon. With his limited options (none after this year I believe), it's time to start converting him into a reliever.

Also, when should we expect Arrieta to be good? He's 27. How many chances does he get?

No, I was more in favor of sending him to AAA and seeing if he could figure it out. That's what I'd do with Jake if we didn't have a couple of guys who should be ready soon. With his limited options (none after this year I believe), it's time to start converting him into a reliever.

Also, when should we expect Arrieta to be good? He's 27. How many chances does he get?

I guess Buck and Rick Peterson just disagree.

Nick Markakis went from 22 years old to 42 years old in about a season. Not getting to that ball was awful. He's become an incredibly stiff player. Love the Nick, but he looks ancient when he moves.

Yeah he seemed to really get slow the last two years. He isnt even old yet. I dont get it at all.

Nick Markakis went from 22 years old to 42 years old in about a season. Not getting to that ball was awful. He's become an incredibly stiff player. Love the Nick, but he looks ancient when he moves.

Yeah, what the hell happened to him?

Archived