2013 ERA: 3.92

PITCHES BY INNING

16 (11 Strikes, 51 Balls)

24 (14 Strikes, 10 Balls)

18 (15 Strikes, 31 Balls)

15 (91 Strikes, 61 Balls)

20 (12 Strikes, 81 Balls)

18 (11 Strikes, 71 Balls) *

* Tillman retired 1 batter before departing in the 6th inning.

I did not think Tillman pitched that horribly today. Yes he didn't last long and gave up all those runs, but he got a lot of bloops and soft singles. No extra base hits. No Homers. Not a lot of walks.

His peripherals came back to haunt him today. His BABIP and LOB% have been unsustainable these past 2 years.

He had a BABIP of .267 and a LOB% of 84.3% before today. Last year he had a BABIP of .221

I did not think Tillman pitched that horribly today. Yes he didn't last long and gave up all those runs, but he got a lot of bloops and soft singles. No extra base hits. No Homers. Not a lot of walks.

His peripherals came back to haunt him today. His BABIP and LOB% have been unsustainable these past 2 years.

He had a BABIP of .267 and a LOB% of 84.3% before today. Last year he had a BABIP of .221

Yeah I don't care what others think but there was a lot of luck in the Yankees' hits. He could have pitched better but every groundball seemed to find a hole today.

Yeah I don't care what others think but there was a lot of luck in the Yankees' hits. He could have pitched better but every groundball seemed to find a hole today.

I agree. Tillman had bad luck today, but he's had an incredibly lucky stretch where the peripherals said he was due for some regression and less fortune.

CHRIS TILLMAN O (vs. BLUE JAYS, 7/12)

IP:. 6

H:o 8

R:O 3

BB: 1

SO: 5

Pitches: 108 (68 Strikes, 40 Balls)

2013 ERA: 3.95

PITCHES BY INNING

12 (81 Strikes, 4 Balls)

25 (16 Strikes, 9 Balls)

21 (14 Strikes, 7 Balls)

11 (81 Strikes, 3 Balls)

20 (11 Strikes, 9 Balls)

19 (11 Strikes, 8 Balls)

I wasn't impressed. Fell behind way too much even with what looked like plus stuff in the first inning. That said, gotta give give him a lot of credit. He guts it through night after night and doesn't fall apart like some of the others.

Archived