vs. The Yankees 4/12

weams

I'm just saying it seemed like a pretty decent run to get to that ball. I guess I'm just exceedingly sick of people blaming crap on him "hot dogging" or blowing bubbles. It's ridiculous to me. It hit off the glove. It freaking happens.

Mistakes happen but watching that play real carefully I am 90% sure the error was caused by the bubble. You dont see Jeter blowing bubbles do ya?

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing on the Jones play. I just watched it again and Jones goes straight back never looking to find the fence. If he takes off when the ball is hit right away he could have got to the track with his speed and been behind the ball. I'm sure of it.

I saw him run down a ball in the LCF alley the other night that not many other guys get to but on that play he is going laterally.

I'm just saying it seemed like a pretty decent run to get to that ball. I guess I'm just exceedingly sick of people blaming crap on him "hot dogging" or blowing bubbles. It's ridiculous to me. It hit off the glove. It freaking happens.

You say it hit off the glove as if he reached and it was just an inch or two off. NO, it was IN HIS GLOVE. IN HIS GLOVE. IN IT. NOT OFF IT. IN IT! And he was so lax that he gripped it too tight or whatever. It's inexcusable. Maybe Jose canseco has made plays like that- but no gold glove fielder should. EVER.

Yeah there's no telling we have this game away, just like most of the games we've lost. We out hit them 9-6 (so far). But we gave them 8 walks (I believe?), gave them the 3 run error, and the 3 outs on 1 pitch. The amount of simple mistakes they're making compared to last year is astounding. That's the difference. If they can change that, they'll be fine.

You say it hit off the glove as if he reached and it was just an inch or two off. NO, it was IN HIS GLOVE. IN HIS GLOVE. IN IT. NOT OFF IT. IN IT! And he was so lax that he gripped it too tight or whatever. It's inexcusable. Maybe Jose canseco has made plays like that- but no gold glove fielder should. EVER.

This is real simple.

His route was fine.

His break on it was fine.

He had it lined up. Misjudged how fast it was coming down and squeezed his glove a bit too early...ball went into his glove and bounced out. Simple as that. Not for lack of effort. Not for lack of concentration.

How can you call that poor concentration? The ball was in his glove and hit a bad part of it...he slightly overran it. It happens, it sucks being so crucial with the bases juiced.

I blame Patton for hitting a poor hitter...I blame Strop going 2-0.

Way too many free bases.

If missing a routine fly ball with your glove because you didn't get the good part of it on the ball can't be called poor concentration, I don't know what play can be.

Actually, it hit off the thumb of his glove as he was closing it. It wasn't IN his glove. He closed his glove too soon.

I get everyone's REAL MAD at him for it, but good lord. Sometimes people drop balls, man. It happens. It doesn't happen to HIM very often. And it looks a lot worse to us because of the play the other night.

Another thing on the Jones play. I just watched it again and Jones goes straight back never looking to find the fence. If he takes off when the ball is hit right away he could have got to the track with his speed and been behind the ball. I'm sure of it.

I saw him run down a ball in the LCF alley the other night that not many other guys get to but on that play he is going laterally.

The ball was hit DIRECTLY over his head, not at an angle.

Archived