vs. The Yankees 4/12

weams

Wrong.

You have absolutely no idea how difficult of a catch that was or how tough it was for him to even catch up to that ball. That play isn't made 99.9% of the time. Most center fielders don't even catch up to it when they're playing where Jones was playing.

You're trying to pin it on him being a "hot dog." Which is incorrect. Completely.

But, you know, carry on.

I watched it. It was an easy catch. You are wrong. He hot dogged it, it's not even a debate and yet you are trying to make it into one! Carry on.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disagree. He ran to the ball fine, he closed his glove too soon. Bad play but wasn't because of being nonchalant.

Yes, it is to a degree. I've gone over this repeatedly in regards to Jones and his technique in the outfield. He took a poor route and coasted. He had to twist his body at the last second It's what he does.

Roy said nonchalant, but it's because he hasn't been coached properly and he doesn't look to improve because I think he's won a couple GGs. Why should he have to? I like Adam, but his OF play is overrated.

His speed often hides technique that has never been that good.

Have you been watching a lot of Shin Shoo Choo? I'd say that 99% of centerfielders make that 99% of the time.

Name 5 centerfielders in the game right now that would have had a difficult time making a play on that.

I'm just saying it seemed like a pretty decent run to get to that ball. I guess I'm just exceedingly sick of people blaming crap on him "hot dogging" or blowing bubbles. It's ridiculous to me. It hit off the glove. It freaking happens.

I wonder if Adam Jones has every played a worse game in his career. I can't imagine it. 0-3 on the night and will likely end his hitting streak to start the year. So far, he has accounted for 5 outs with two double plays. Then a 3 run error that most likely loses the game. It would have been fitting if that triple play was hit by Jones.

Ugh. I just hope he has the ability to shrug this game off and move on. This will be a big test for him to see if he really has matured like we all think.

I'm betting there's a good chance he strikes out on a breaking ball for strike 3 trying to hit it out if the park. Actually Sabathia is out, but none the less, he'll be swinging for the fences trying to get all 3 runs back instead of trying to get on base.

I'm just gonna keep venting because misery loves company and I have to leave for a party shortly- and need to get this negativity out.

WTF Adam JOnes!!! lol.

The error and then the triple play- lol. Man I am right back to where I was mentally after the Twins series- expecting a horrible losing streak.

It's just SO tough mentally to stay strong when you lose games because of that. Losing streaks are one thing. Losing because a team beats you is one thing. BUt losing because you are just so mentally unfocused to make ordinary defensive plays- you can't just write it off as they beat us today, we'll get them tomorrow. Naturally there is self beating- which I'm sure Adam will do, but for crying out loud- for that to be happening AGAIN this early in the season.

I really wish I had a 50 lb bag I could just launch into right now with a few body blows.

And hearing the Yanke fans yelling Youk.. Ugh. Puke. It's worse than hearing the Red Sox fans doing it. Entire lineup that is so typical Yankees- big names from other teams- but this time- not nearly as good and most of them past their prime- yet here we are giving their sorry asses a win.

Done.

I disagree. I think for any decent center fielder that is a routine play. He wasn't in full sprint when he dropped it, he was basically gliding under it. Poor concentration in a crucial time of the game.

How can you call that poor concentration? The ball was in his glove and hit a bad part of it...he slightly overran it. It happens, it sucks being so crucial with the bases juiced.

I blame Patton for hitting a poor hitter...I blame Strop going 2-0.

Way too many free bases.

I'm just saying it seemed like a pretty decent run to get to that ball. I guess I'm just exceedingly sick of people blaming crap on him "hot dogging" or blowing bubbles. It's ridiculous to me. It hit off the glove. It freaking happens.

I agree with this. I think you just went a little too far in your argument ;)

Archived