vs. The Yankees 4/12

weams

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If missing a routine fly ball with your glove because you didn't get the good part of it on the glove can't be called poor concentration, I don't know what play can be.

An aberration? An exception? He closed his glove ever so soon. Watch the play again. If you want to say anything he maybe misjudged how fast the ball was dropping. That's not lack of concentration. That's not being lazy.

This is real simple.

His route was fine.

His break on it was fine.

He had it lined up. Misjudged how fast it was coming down and squeezed his glove a bit too early...ball went into his glove and bounced out. Simple as that. Not for lack of effort. Not for lack of concentration.

This. Thank you.

C'mon. You could say we didn't deserve to win the game against Boston where we scored 5 in the 9th. These things happen, in both good and bad ways, throughout the course of the year. There's just some overdramatic hyperbole here when the O's lose.

Things happen, but not such blatant errors. Not when the dude just misplayed a ball vs the Twins- was calle dout for not hustling on not one but TWO plays in the same game. And then this. No. F that. He'll say the same old coach speak- but Im tired of it. If we win tomorrow- ill forgive him- but my fear and hence my anger- is that ridiculous plays like that can serve as a catalyst for a major fall.

Who knows- maybe the criticism will draw the team together. Hope it does. BUt as a major Adam Jones fan- and one who owns and wears his jersey- I'm seriously getting tired of his act. Clutch at the plate- but "too cool for school" and extremely non chalant at the worst times.

An aberration? An exception? He closed his glove ever so soon. Watch the play again. If you want to say anything he maybe misjudged how fast the ball was dropping. That's not lack of concentration. That's not being lazy.

Well if that is the case he should still ditch the damn gum because it LOOKS freaking awful.

This is real simple.

His route was fine.

His break on it was fine.

He had it lined up. Misjudged how fast it was coming down and squeezed his glove a bit too early...ball went into his glove and bounced out. Simple as that. Not for lack of effort. Not for lack of concentration.

I never question Jonesy on his effort. Watch it again though. He ALWAYS, and I mean always coasts to a ball that he thinks he has lined up. That is not proper OF technique.

It's not how I teach the kids I coach and it's not what I looked for in good OF play when scouting.

Yankee Stadium has always been a house of horrors for the Orioles, the old one and now the new one. The good news, the O's only play 9 games there all year. If they can get at least 3 of those, they will be fine.

We went 6-3 during the regular season there last year.

Yankee Stadium has always been a house of horrors for the Orioles, the old one and now the new one. The good news, the O's only play 9 games there all year. If they can get at least 3 of those, they will be fine.

Yeah but when is that going to end? The Yankees are supposed to be down this year, we are supposed to be up. Is asking to win more than 3/9 vs the MFY going to be too much forever?

I never question Jonesy on his effort. Watch it again though. He ALWAYS, and I mean always coasts to a ball that he thinks he has lined up. That is not proper OF technique.

It's not how I teach the kids I coach and it's not what I looked for in good OF play when scouting.

You're not even evaluating what he did wrong. You're saying he should flat out ran it, turned around and waited for it? He sized it up. The ball was in his glove. He closed it to early not giving the ball any room to slow down. Essentially the way the ball came in it just popped out. That's really it.

Archived