vs. The Yankees 4/12

weams

As bad as that was, with the second baseman going to third in that situation it was a very unusual play. Machado shouldn't have been off the base, but I have seen worse bonehead moves. Adam Jones drop for example. This loss will be remembered for that in my mind....not the triple play.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just not their night, still two games to go in the series. Buck needs to do some hollering tonight though.

Not Buck's style. He'll just come out and make some excuses and then throw in some cliches about gettign them tomorrow. Of course he's right on getting them tomorrow. This is just one game of 162. Too bad though that our team leader started this mess. I don't like to lose, and I don't like to lose to the Yankees, but I really don't like losing when our self-designated team leader drops an easy fly ball that costs us three runs. The triple play was really just bad luck and bad base running from a young player.

Cue every sports highlight show in America showing Jones looking awful followed by the good ole' Yankees getting a triple play. Bad bad bad. At least this only counts as one loss I guess.

I'm going to look at the bright side. I see all of these blunders leading to good things. I'm kinda glad they all happened in the same game. Light a fire under them.

I am so sick it's disgusting. After those Twins games- to come back Wednesday night and follow it up with another clutch win- to just gift away another game to OF ALL TEAMS the Meffin Yankees. It's just a joke. I don't think I can recall so many awful misplays in such crucial situations.

AJ can sit there in the post game interviews all day and talk about stepping up when his number is called at the plate- but he obviously takes for granted the fundamentals already.

The frustrating thing is its not anything physical. It's all mental. Sometimes the bats won't be too hot like tonight, but the difference between this year and last year is that they didn't compound things with mental errors. It seems they've had more of those this year than the second half of last year. I hate to say it but I think last years success has gone to their heads. They don't seem as focused mentally and look alot more relaxed, in a bad way.

Wrong.

You have absolutely no idea how difficult of a catch that was or how tough it was for him to even catch up to that ball. That play isn't made 99.9% of the time. Most center fielders don't even catch up to it when they're playing where Jones was playing.

You're trying to pin it on him being a "hot dog." Which is incorrect. Completely.

But, you know, carry on.

Have you been watching a lot of Shin Shoo Choo? I'd say that 99% of centerfielders make that 99% of the time.

Name 5 centerfielders in the game right now that would have had a difficult time making a play on that.

Not Buck's style. He'll just come out and make some excuses and then throw in some cliches about gettign them tomorrow. Of course he's right on getting them tomorrow. This is just one game of 162. Too bad though that our team leader started this mess. I don't like to lose, and I don't like to lose to the Yankees, but I really don't like losing when our self-designated team leader drops an easy fly ball that costs us three runs. The triple play was really just bad luck and bad base running from a young player.

That Adam Jones play was not an easy play by any stretch.....thought he had it lined up. It absolutely sucks because of what happened in Baltimore a few games ago...but it's not a routine/easy play.

Wrong.

You have absolutely no idea how difficult of a catch that was or how tough it was for him to even catch up to that ball. That play isn't made 99.9% of the time. Most center fielders don't even catch up to it when they're playing where Jones was playing.

You're trying to pin it on him being a "hot dog." Which is incorrect. Completely.

But, you know, carry on.

Gold glove centerfielders do catch that ball every time.

That's one of the worst errors in major league history.

No exaggeration, no hyperbole.....he just made a 3 run error.

The only way to make a more costly error is to bat a grand slam homerun over the fence.

Inexcusable and indefensible.

No gold glove for you this year. Way to earn that contract buddy.

Fred Snodgrass agrees

Was actually a decent hit by Machado, but what utterly terrible, inexcusable base running. Only thing I can fathom is that Casilla thought that ball was caught off the shoe strings....but even still...need to run it out. At that point you'd be out if it was.

Worst 6 outs of Orioles baseball I've seen in years.

He has to hold up there, he is a dead duck either way. Casilla can't get doubled up there. . I still think it was a dumb play by Nix, just get the out at first and stay out of the big inning.

Archived