5/20 vs. Yankees

PaulFolk

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Talk about awful. The strike 3 on Jones bounced in fron of the plate.

This has ben a serious problem with the Orioles offense, all the way to last year. They will get you a lead and then go to a slumber. This puts a lot of stress on the pitching staff. How many laughers have the Orioles had since last year? Three? Four? They are in a close game every night. This offense has too much talent for this.

As soon as we win a couple we will start to relax. Pressing a bit.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Sounds like there’s a good chance Humphrey is out this week. Flowers practiced Today, so he should be good. Jones has practiced on a limited basis the last 2 days but apparently isn’t showing much explosion. May have to keep him out too.  Washington should be back this week, so that gives you another guy.
    • Instead of cheap, I see Elias as cautious — maybe overly cautious — about big contracts that could potentially hamstring the club for years. He walked into a lot of dead money (Davis of course, the biggest chunk of that) taking away from the current roster. Of course, we haven’t seen evidence of him asking for big money, yet, to extend one of our young stars or to add a costly FA. One way or another, I still think this will be a more interesting Hot Stove season than usual (and that’s not hard to do) for the O’s. 
    • Snell is not the durable guy that Elias usually targets.  I will continue to put forth Fried and Manaea. Quality LH SPs, one for the front end, one for the back end. Rogers and Povich in AAA.  Fried Eflin Rodriguez Manaea Kremer If healthy, that's plenty good enough to go deep in the playoffs. 
    • I just don’t understand the infatuation with overpaying Snell. He’s only going to give you 22ish starts. Sure, he’s good during those starts but you need an extra guy to cover the 10 ish starts he’s going to be unavailable.    So would you rather pay Snell $30 million for 6 years or $34 million over 6 years for Burnes. Snell if he goes by his average starts per season costs you 1.36 million per start as opposed to 1.13 for Burnes. More importantly you don’t need to pay another guy 4-5 million to start 10 games not knowing what he will produce.
    • You are indeed correct. This will be the first offseason where he probably has the leeway to sign a free agent for more than 1 year.  Ultimately, I doubt he does sign a 3-year reliever deal. I just don't think it's out of the question for the right guy. 
    • Unless I'm wrong, and it's very possible that I am, Mike Elias has yet to sign a single free agent to a multi-year deal.  I believe the last FA we signed to a multi-year deal remains Alex Cobb back in 2018. All that to say, I'd be pretty stunned if Elias' first significant FA signing is a reliever.
    • Very well laid out! 
  • Popular Contributors