Angels and Red Sox: How you feeling, O's fans?

Flacco Machado

It's hard to see the O's losing more than 1 game. They will generally beat the opponent like a red-headed stepchild. Discipline! Buckholtz will be begging for permission to get a haircut after the woodshed event he is about to endure. God please prepare these victims for the butt-whippings they are about to receive........

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's hard to see the O's losing more than 1 game. They will generally beat the opponent like a red-headed stepchild. Discipline! Buckholtz will be begging for permission to get a haircut after the woodshed event he is about to endure. God please prepare these victims for the butt-whippings they are about to receive........

Andy Dufresne style!

Quite frankly, this homestand scares the crap out of me. Our pitching isn't good and while the Angels are scuffling along our pitching might be just the thing they need to wake up their bats and feast.

Boston is good this year, not to be taken lightly.

Happy with 4-3, 5-2 would be a thrill.

Keep up the reverse jinx, Roy. Not saying that you don't have a point in everything--you do. Still, every time you've voiced your concern, things have managed to turn out fine.

Of this, I am sure!

I know it's only June, but this is a big homestand if you ask me. How do you think the Birds will do?

I think we lose to Weaver Monday night and then win 3 in a row, followed by a loss then 2 more wins.

5-2 week. No reason, just a feeling, but not more than a feeling because of the unfortunate name of said band.

Who can figure this team out. Every team has its ups and downs: the bats were silent in Tampa Bay until yesterday. The starters were bad except for yesterday. The Angels are average and the Redsox have been playing above their heads. Os win 5 lose 2. A great week ahead. With Roberts in the dugout again.

How exactly are the Red Sox "playing over their heads"? They have the best record in the AL; they're 7-3 in their last 10. And they are 15-9 against the AL East (.625) while the Orioles are at .500 (14-14). Their pitching is ranked 7th in the AL compared to the Orioles in 14th and they lead the AL in runs scored and are 2nd in BA.

Maybe they aren't playing over their heads. It's possible that they are just a good team.

The Angels are much better than when we were in Anaheim. We never faced Weaver. We do tomorrow. They hadnt faced Freddy. Now they have seen his slow stuff.

Except for the 28 previous times he faced the Angels? Also, it's not as if there are no scouting reports or video of Freddy Garcia.

I understand that Garcia may well struggle tonight, but let's not take anything away from his performance in Anaheim last month. He didn't sneak up anyone or catch the Angels unprepared. He just pitched well.

If we want to start climbing out of the 3rd/4th spot in the East, we gotta start beating the East. 1-5 against Tampa in the past 2 weeks stings. We MUST win 3 out of 4 from Boston. 2-2 will be a waste of 4 days. Take 2 out of 3 from the Halos and 3 from Boston and it'll be a great homestand. 4-3 will be treading water. Anything less than that and I will start worrying. It's not that I'm worried about the O's, per say. I'm worried that there are 4 good teams in the AL East fighting for 3 playoff spots, and the other three teams don't appear willing to step aside.

How's that, exactly?

Yes, please explanin how they aren't as good as their record.

I believe they are, and they also have stockpiled alot of talent in thier system that is close to ML level

Bogaerts (AA) SS/3B .308/.403/.507, 21 yo

Renauldo (AA) SP 6-1 19BB/63 SO in 59 innings 0.98 WHIP, 21 yo

Barnes(AA) 3-3 16BB/64SO in 53 innings, 22 yo

Homegrown talent already on roster: Iglesias, Middlebrooks, Jakie Bradley, Daniel Nava, Lavarnway

The will run away with the East and are setup to be the dominant team over the next 5 years.

Yes, please explanin how they aren't as good as their record.

I believe they are, and they also have stockpiled alot of talent in thier system that is close to ML level

Bogaerts (AA) SS/3B .308/.403/.507, 21 yo

Renauldo (AA) SP 6-1 19BB/63 SO in 59 innings 0.98 WHIP, 21 yo

Barnes(AA) 3-3 16BB/64SO in 53 innings, 22 yo

Homegrown talent already on roster: Iglesias, Middlebrooks, Jakie Bradley, Daniel Nava, Lavarnway

The will run away with the East and are setup to be the dominant team over the next 5 years.

I doubt it.

1-0 after tomorrow's game.

2-0 after tomorrow's game.
3-0 after tomorrow's game.

One game at a time. There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealing's done.

3-1 after tonight's game.

Let's get those Red Sox tonight.

Archived