Angels and Red Sox: How you feeling, O's fans?

Flacco Machado

I'm feeling pretty damn good! Thanks for asking. :clap:

Going into this homestand I was thinking 4-3 would be a good record. I thought the O's were catching the Red Sox at the wrong time. Its good to see the O's prove the experts and me wrong again. I like to see the O's dominate the pre-season expert picks (Angels and Nationals). If I remember right, only 1 out of 25 ESPN experts had the O's making the postseason.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we want to start climbing out of the 3rd/4th spot in the East, we gotta start beating the East. 1-5 against Tampa in the past 2 weeks stings. We MUST win 3 out of 4 from Boston. 2-2 will be a waste of 4 days. Take 2 out of 3 from the Halos and 3 from Boston and it'll be a great homestand. 4-3 will be treading water. Anything less than that and I will start worrying. It's not that I'm worried about the O's, per say. I'm worried that there are 4 good teams in the AL East fighting for 3 playoff spots, and the other three teams don't appear willing to step aside.

Well, the Orioles did what I asked. Great homestand. Now we gotta take 2 out of 3 in Detroit and then go to Toronto and throw some ice water on the suddenly hot Jays!

5-2, and it feels like we could have won both games we lost. But for a Strop meltdown and Pedroia cheating, we could have done even better. Onto Detroit.

It's not as much about Pedroia as it is Jeff Nelson. I don't expect their second baseman to help the O's. Jeff Nelson has a boner for Buck Showalter, plus he's just a bad umpire in general.

It's not as much about Pedroia as it is Jeff Nelson. I don't expect their shortstop to help the O's. Jeff Nelson has a boner for Buck Showalter, plus he's just a bad umpire in general.

I agree it's more about Jeff Nelson. But to me there is a difference between a player not correcting an umpire when he makes the wrong call, versus lying and saying he foul-tipped it when the original call was right. Can't imagine that Jeff Nelson (or any umpire) takes kindly to Pedroia basically thumbing his nose at him after the game by admitting that he hadn't actually foul-tipped it.

I also get my view is colored by my disdain for the Red Sox and disappointment over the loss.

Has anyone been to MLB.com and read the BOS wrap from yesterday game, the comments from boston nation are fun. All the best boston players are hurt.. :beerchug1:

I was just reading a few pages of that. I'm still not used to Yank and Sox fans giving us props as a good solid team. As Jim Morrison sang, Strange days have found us . :D

What did Pedroia do? I must have missed it.

I didn't see it, but he swung thru a strike 3 but the ump called it a foul tip. 3-run 2-out inning ensues. After the game he told the Boston media he missed it. Almost gloating.

Punk.

Great 5-2 homestand! This weekend solidified my stance the New England Area fans are the WORST! Sans my fiance and old boss, who are NE Arrogant and annoying but I love them. You can't strike up a convo with the NE Fan because they act annoyed at you. Good Job O's!!! I'd take a 3-3 roadie and put it in my back pocket and run. The Tigers could easily take 2 of 3 or broom us! The Jays could get 2 of 3 as well... So give me 3-3... Anything above that to me is house money...

I agree it's more about Jeff Nelson. But to me there is a difference between a player not correcting an umpire when he makes the wrong call, versus lying and saying he foul-tipped it when the original call was right. Can't imagine that Jeff Nelson (or any umpire) takes kindly to Pedroia basically thumbing his nose at him after the game by admitting that he hadn't actually foul-tipped it.

I also get my view is colored by my disdain for the Red Sox and disappointment over the loss.

I guess Pedroia can stick his thumb up his #ss after this series, huh?

Yes, please explanin how they aren't as good as their record.

I believe they are, and they also have stockpiled alot of talent in thier system that is close to ML level

Bogaerts (AA) SS/3B .308/.403/.507, 21 yo

Renauldo (AA) SP 6-1 19BB/63 SO in 59 innings 0.98 WHIP, 21 yo

Barnes(AA) 3-3 16BB/64SO in 53 innings, 22 yo

Homegrown talent already on roster: Iglesias, Middlebrooks, Jakie Bradley, Daniel Nava, Lavarnway

The will run away with the East and are setup to be the dominant team over the next 5 years.

So, you are a homer Red Sox fan?

Because there is no one who would bet on them being any better than their last set of failed prospects. I do like Andrew Miller. I think Pedroia could win a job on our team. Even though the Orioles are his Daddy, I would still take Lester for our starting staff. Iglesias would be an alternative for second. Koji. No one else I would want. Buchholz is only good when he cheats.

And for good measure and just because we f#cking earned it..... Go pound sand you f#cking Red Sox retards! You got handled and got lucky to win 1 game. Nice work champs. We'll say hi to ya when you sink pay us in the standings. Should be pretty soon, judging by what I saw over the past 4 days. Punks.

There really should be consequences for this. Didn't he lobby the ump at the time?

I didn't see it, but he swung thru a strike 3 but the ump called it a foul tip. 3-run 2-out inning ensues. After the game he told the Boston media he missed it. Almost gloating.

Punk.

By the way. That post is like if an Oriole fan, me, were to tell you how he Orioles are dominant because of Jon Schoop, Chris Walker, Caleb Joseph, Jake Arrieta, Zach Britton, Eduardo Rodriquez, and Nicky Delmonico. They had a name in tech for that back in the 80's. Vaporware.

Archived