Angels and Red Sox: How you feeling, O's fans?

Flacco Machado

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it's only June, but this is a big homestand if you ask me. How do you think the Birds will do?

I'm happy playing the Halos since they seem to be a team in total disarray.

However, the Sox will be tough. We'll need our offense to show up every game and no bad starts from Gausman and Garcia in the series. If we don't get one of those putrid starting performances, I could see us taking three of four.

I'm not liking this Garcia vs Weaver matchup too much. Then again I don't like Garcia matched up with anyone.

Was just looking at that too. I'm not sure if the fact the Garcia pitched so well against them in his first start with us is a good thing or a bad thing. On the flip side they pitch Vargas in game two and he shut us down back in Anaheim. Jerome Williams pitches in game three, we hit him around a bit last time around but overall his era is under three, so I guess he's doing something right.

Overall though, I'm hopeful against the Angels and excited about the Red Sox. When it comes to the Red Sox (or any of our AL East rivals), throw the pitching match-ups out the window, every game is going to be tough. I'm excited because it is a chance to start making up some ground.

While we get Anaheim the Red Sox and Tampa will be fighting it out and the Yankees (off on Monday) will start a series with the red hot A's on Tuesday.

Who can figure this team out. Every team has its ups and downs: the bats were silent in Tampa Bay until yesterday. The starters were bad except for yesterday. The Angels are average and the Redsox have been playing above their heads. Os win 5 lose 2. A great week ahead. With Roberts in the dugout again.

Archived