Many roster moves coming.

mark_beckens

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do we need both Ishikawa and Dickerson? Let Ishikawa go to make room for Roberts. Then you could DH BRob against RHP. If Reimold had an option there's no way they'd bring him up over keeping Valencia. The only reason he'd be up if at all is because they want to take one final look. If they bring up Henry I see no reason why they wouldn't play him in LF against LHP.

Thats why Ishikawa will be the first to go. If Roberts is only doing a 3-4 game stint at AAA, Ishikawa should just start packing

It doesn't make sense to send Flaherty down for Roberts if he has to stay there for 10 days. We'll need a replacement for Roberts before those 10 days are up.

I can't help but think of this scene when imagining another Roberts comeback.

[video=youtube;Zas2EovN0wI]

FWIW, Reimold is 3-4 today. Perhaps knocking off some of those cobwebs.

Maybe, but it appears that the pitcher Richmond started today was throwing batting practice - 6 runs and 11 hits in just four innings. And before today, rusty or not, Nolan had 11K's in just 27 AB's against AA pitching. IMO, the Oriole's will have to see a lot more from him before calling him up. I believe they have a 30 day rehab period that started on June 18, so they have some time to make a decision. Right now, Reimold doesn't help the Orioles, and in fact, would be a negative factor in the lineup.

I do want to point out how nice it is to have choices of Dickerson, Reimold, Valencia, ishikawa, Pearce, Betemit, Casilla, Flaherty, and Roberts to round out the roster. Compare that to years past and you have to tip your cap to Duquette.

I do want to point out how nice it is to have choices of Dickerson, Reimold, Valencia, ishikawa, Pearce, Betemit, Casilla, Flaherty, and Roberts to round out the roster. Compare that to years past and you have to tip your cap to Duquette.

Yes, but a winning season makes us more attractive as well.

Archived