Buck

LAOSfan

Is it just me, or does Buck same way more agitated this season? Whether it's with pitching changes, umpires or with the media, I am noticing a shortness to his temper that didn't seem to be there last season, when it appeared that he was mostly just enjoying the ride.

I presume the heightened expectations will do that, and I also assume he is beyond frustrated with the pitching staff and especially the young starters who just can't seem to turn the corner.

Part of me also wonders is this is what happened to Buck at his other stops.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figure he is just tired of the same old questions being asked every night. No reporter can think up anything new.

And yeah, with higher expectations, come more scrutiny with your downfalls...and he doesnt seem to take kindly to questioning his decision making or loyalty; thus why the reporters ask the same old same old questions. Endless cycle

Probably has something to do with the fact his closer has blown 5 would be wins into smitherines.

And our starting rotation is a mess, though Hammel and Tillman pitched well. I like it, angry Buck is fun, especially when he yells at umpires.

It is going to be a long summer.

Why? We haven't played well in the last week and we're still right in the thick of things. Also, we get some guys back in the next few weeks including Chen, who was our best starter when he went out. I think it's going to be a fun summer. Unfortunately, we're going to have nights like this now and again.

Probably has something to do with the fact his closer has blown 5 would be wins into smitherines.

Did JJ shoot your dog or something? As I posted elsewhere, the average AL closer has converted 87% of his save opportunities. JJ was at exactly 87% before tonight. Now he's back down to 84%. That's slightly below average, and far from awful. And if we're taking bets on whether he'll be over or under 87% when the year ends, I'll take the over.

Why? We haven't played well in the last week and we're still right in the thick of things. Also, we get some guys back in the next few weeks including Chen, who was our best starter when he went out. I think it's going to be a fun summer. Unfortunately, we're going to have nights like this now and again.

You may be right, but I don't think it is going to be near as much fun as last year.

Did JJ shoot your dog or something? As I posted elsewhere, the average AL closer has converted 87% of his save opportunities. JJ was at exactly 87% before tonight. Now he's back down to 84%. That's slightly below average, and far from awful. And if we're taking bets on whether he'll be over or under 87% when the year ends, I'll take the over.

I will take the under as I think he is being overused, but I hope you are right.

You may be right, but I don't think it is going to be near as much fun as last year.

Of course it's not. Last season was like the Why Not season as there were no expectations we would come close to winning 93 games. As I said in the initial post, I think we fans, like Buck, mostly just enjoyed the ride. This year, we expect to win. So yes, the losses are going to hurt more and the wins will not be quite as enjoyable.

I have been insisting and continue to insist tonight that Buck keeps putting Johnson in situations that set him up to fail.

Brantley, Giambi, Gomes coming up. You could have Patton pitch to at least the first two and then you assume either Gomes bats against Patton, or Johnson comes in and Carlos Santana pinch hits. Santana might pinch hit anyway since he's pretty much the same from both sides of the plate.

Brantley has a .595 OPS vs. lefties, Giambi, .650.

So Showalter goes to Patton after everything is already ****ed.

#SaveRule, #SaveRule, #SaveRule. Johnson was already overrated and now the fact that he's overrated is actually putting him in crappy situations, so now people think it's his fault that he sucks, granted sometimes it is, but it's really the bullpen management that is the culprit.

Luckily Darren O'Day hasn't been named closer and actually gets used when needed, moreso than Johnson anyway.

I have been insisting and continue to insist tonight that Buck keeps putting Johnson in situations that set him up to fail.

Brantley, Giambi, Gomes coming up. You could have Patton pitch to at least the first two and then you assume either Gomes bats against Patton, or Johnson comes in and Carlos Santana pinch hits. Santana might pinch hit anyway since he's pretty much the same from both sides of the plate.

Brantley has a .595 OPS vs. lefties, Giambi, .650.

So Showalter goes to Patton after everything is already ****ed.

#SaveRule, #SaveRule, #SaveRule. Johnson was already overrated and now the fact that he's overrated is actually putting him in crappy situations, so now people think it's his fault that he sucks, granted sometimes it is, but it's really the bullpen management that is the culprit.

Luckily Darren O'Day hasn't been named closer and actually gets used when needed, moreso than Johnson anyway.

Bingo. But if you say as much and that it was bad managing, the exact same people are waiting to bite your head off.

Poor managing happens, it doesn't make you a bad fan to admit it.

Is it just me, or does Buck same way more agitated this season? Whether it's with pitching changes, umpires or with the media, I am noticing a shortness to his temper that didn't seem to be there last season, when it appeared that he was mostly just enjoying the ride.

I presume the heightened expectations will do that, and I also assume he is beyond frustrated with the pitching staff and especially the young starters who just can't seem to turn the corner.

Part of me also wonders is this is what happened to Buck at his other stops.

The umpiring in MLB, is a joke. MLB ought to be ashamed of itself for putting these morons out there to umpire games. They miss the most blatenet things right in front of there faces. I can't believe how bad most of them are. Some of thoise strike calls last night were rediculous. Some of the pitches were going right over the inside batters box lines and they were being called strikes.

Buck ought to be more frustrated. I know I am. The umps suck in MLB.

Archived