GAME THREAD: 2013 All-Star Classic

OFFNY

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think in your last sentence, you just answered it all. The best player ever at his position who was a true class act. That's the obsession and understandably so.

Closer isn't a position. Third base is a position.

I mean, seriously, I get text alerts from ESPN when something important happens in sports, like Andy Murray winning Wimbledon or the Heat winning the Finals. As I finished that last sentence I get this text "Yankees closer Mariano Rivera receives a standing ovation as he enters All-Star Game in 8th inning: AL Leads, 3-0."

Really? REALLY? I need a freaking text message because MARIANO RIVERA is entering the game?

Answer me this. If Rivera has the same career but NOT in a Yankees uniform...say the uniform of the San Diego Padres....does he get this much attention and adoration?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Trade Mo to a contender.</p>— Jeb Lund (@Mobute) <a href="

">July 17, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

McCarver reading enter sandman outloud like poetry is one of the most painful things my ears have ever listened too.

Yup. it's a popular song, most everyone knows the lyrics, didn't need repeating.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

McCarver reading enter sandman outloud like poetry is one of the most painful things my ears have ever listened too.

I was thinking the same thing. Decided it was bad enough I had to hear him do it, much less talk about it after words. One of those things that should just go away quietly. Never to be uttered again.

Archived