Adam Jones voted 2d best defensive outfielder in the AL by AL Managers

wildcard

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These are the same guys who vote for gold glove and they have Manny second to Beltre as best defensive third basemen.

The only way I can figure that one is that they think Beltre has been doing it for years and Manny for just a year. Maybe they figure Manny has to prove he can keep doing it to beat out a guy like Beltre. Just my guess.

These are the same guys who vote for gold glove and they have Manny second to Beltre as best defensive third basemen.

Meh, I'd chalk that up to simple seniority. Manny has been great defensively, but is in the midst of his first full major league season.

The only way I can figure that one is that they think Beltre has been doing it for years and Manny for just a year. Maybe they figure Manny has to prove he can keep doing it to beat out a guy like Beltre. Just my guess.
Good thing Cal doesn't have a vote.* I'd like Manny to win this

*Yeah, I went there ;)

Best outfield arm? I think that's pretty funny. I watch a lot of Jones. He has on of the strongest arms, yes. But best arm, no way! I would assume that accuracy is something that should be part of the "best arm" equation. How many runners have you seen Jones throw out this year? How many times are his throws off the mark? I don't see Austin Jackson nearly as much, but I think he's a superior OF to Jones. Jones has been pretty solid over the last 2-3 months after a bad start. No doubt.

Once he quit trying to time bubbles with the balls arrival. He has been much much better.

Archived