Davy Johnson getting heat for the Nationals failure this year

Redskins Rick

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/08/people-are-starting-to-call-for-davey-johnsons-head/

I always liked Davy, as a player and then the manager of the Birds.

I faulted Angelos for running Davy out of town, it was a stupid and knee jerk reaction to the man who lead the team to the ALCS the season before.

I thought Davy was very good last year at getting the team to the playoffs, and thought they had made the right moves in the off-season to push past into the WS this year.

Hasn't worked out for them, and somebody has to be the scapegoat.

I loved Davey while he was here but I don't think it's entirely unfair to place some of the blame on him for the Nats season. I think he got too cocky- world series or bust! and I do think that him and all of his players knowing of his impending retirement hurt too. And I think even though they had a great year last year that Davey maybe at 70 years old just can't relate to these players as well as he could when he was our manager or the manager of the Mets, Reds, and even Dodgers. The Nationals' star players- Strasburg and Harper are both guys who was born after Davey's WS win with the Mets in 86. Now I don't think it's mostly his fault, I think you have to blame the Nats poor hitting for that. It's too bad for Davey. This is a tough way to go out for him.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/08/people-are-starting-to-call-for-davey-johnsons-head/

I always liked Davy, as a player and then the manager of the Birds.

I faulted Angelos for running Davy out of town, it was a stupid and knee jerk reaction to the man who lead the team to the ALCS the season before.

I thought Davy was very good last year at getting the team to the playoffs, and thought they had made the right moves in the off-season to push past into the WS this year.

Hasn't worked out for them, and somebody has to be the scapegoat.

Owner has already extended the GM. Davy is out the door anyway.

Archived