Evan Longoria - 3B

Wil Myers - RF

James Loney - 1B

Yunel Escobar - SS

Matt Joyce - LF

Jose Molina - C

Kelly Johnson - DH

David Price - LHP (6-5, 3.28 ERA)

**Price is 5-1 with a 1.77 ERA and 51 strikeouts in 71 1/3 innings over nine starts since he was sidelined by a left triceps strain**

BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Brian Roberts 2B

Manny Machado - 3B

Chris Davis - 1B

Adam Jones - CF

Matt Wieters - C

J.J. Hardy - SS

Nick Markakis - RF

Danny Valencia - DH

Steve Pearce - LF

Chris Tillman - RHP (14-3, 3.70 ERA)

**Nick Markakis batting 7th for just the 7th time in his career. No extra base hits in his last 26 games.**

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS

Desmond Jennings - CF

Benjamin Zobrist - 2B

Evan Longoria - 3B

Wil Myers - RF

James Loney - 1B

Yunel Escobar - SS

Matt Joyce - LF

Jose Molina - C

Kelly Johnson - DH

David Price - LHP (6-5, 3.28 ERA)

**Price is 5-1 with a 1.77 ERA and 51 strikeouts in 71 1/3 innings over nine starts since he was sidelined by a left triceps strain**

BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Brian Roberts 2B

Manny Machado - 3B

Chris Davis - 1B

Adam Jones - CF

Matt Wieters - C

J.J. Hardy - SS

Nick Markakis - RF

Danny Valencia - DH

Steve Pearce - LF

Chris Tillman - RHP (14-3, 3.70 ERA)

**Nick Markakis batting 7th for just the 7th time in his career. No extra base hits in his last 26 games.**

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

Great thread.

Very OFFNY-like, right down to the extra (significant) details that you added about a player on each team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I honestly don’t think many people disagree that we are unlikely to make a World Series run this year or next without upgrading the pitching.   It’s just a matter of how much we have to give up to get it, and whether the price will be so high that we are badly hurting the long-term prospects of the team.  Elias won’t have easy choices here.  
    • I’m getting tired of @OnlyOneOriole telling us he was 100% right when he doesn’t have the balls to admit when he was 100% wrong.   Multiple times I’ve shown a quote from 9/15/23 where he says the “Orioles will struggle to make the playoffs”.    First, he said he never said it.  Then when confronted with the quote totally ignored it twice.   If you can’t admit when you were wrong, please, please shut up about the 100% right stuff.
    • Looking at his game logs, he’s allowed 0-2 runs in 13 of 18 starts.  11 of his 12 wins came in those games, the other came in a game where he allowed 3 runs in 6 IP.   He’s thrown 3 real stinkers in which he allowed 7, 6 and 6 runs, getting the loss in all three, and also got the loss in a game where he allowed 4 runs.   His two no-decisions came in games where he allowed 0 and 2 runs.  So, I’d say his 12-4 record is a pretty fair reflection of how he’s pitched on a game-by-game level.   Going forward, he needs to eliminate the stinkers - and definitely can’t have one in the postseason like he did last year.   
    • Yea I have noticed that too.     I have seen people asking, can Jones lead a package for Skubal while saying we need to move Holliday and more. It’s not even logical. Jones may be the most overhyped prospect right now, per Yankee criteria.
    • Is option B Fedde? If so, I say Fedde depending on what that looks like.
    • Correct. We also can get potentially use vets to get some pitching we need now or move them in the offseason for prospects. Plus we are likely looking at 3 top 40ish picks in the draft next year and maybe another extra pick depending on what happens with Santander. We likely can get a solid MOR starter, 2 high leverage relievers and perhaps another starter in the mold of Detmers or Luzardo for prospects outside of our top 4 plus the potential of moving a few vet bats. Again, I think the pen is the bigger key. We need to add 2 real arms to the pen. DC coming back will give us 3 to go with Kimbrel and whoever else is pitching well enough to be part of a playoff pen. (That’s really up in the air right now although you would think Cano would be one of the others)
    • People who are offering up trades like Mayo/Holliday and Basallo are just silly. A pitcher is currently the odds of favor to win a CY Young this late in the season has never been traded as far as I know. That trade would suck because we are paying more for what he has done before potentially joining our team. We are ignoring the risk that comes with him and that, like Burnes, he will probably be too expensive for us to extend in 2.5 years. And the price for that is more in prospect capital than any other team has ever paid for a starting pitcher. People just do not understand that the Yankees Spencer Jones (haven't seen any trade proposals that include Dominguez and Jones) is not anywhere near the prospect that Holliday, Mayo, or Basallo is at this point. Basically Spencer Jones is Joey Ortiz as far as rankings were concerned. If the trade packages were Dominguez/Jones vs. Mayo/Basallo for example, our package would trump theirs. But it is breaking news that the Yankees would consider moving Jones for Skubal, lol.
  • Popular Contributors