Orioles to send playoff ticket invoices to season ticket holders on Friday.

Greg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many tickets per game did they allow season ticket holders to purchase last season?

You can buy as many tickets as your plan, just not necessarily for every game.

Full season plan could purchase for every game, 29 game holders could get 1 game in the division series, 2 in the LCS and 2 in the WS. 13 game plan could get one of each.

You can buy as many tickets as your plan, just not necessarily for every game.

Full season plan could purchase for every game, 29 game holders could get 1 game in the division series, 2 in the LCS and 2 in the WS. 13 game plan could get one of each.

Even more reason to split 81 game plans between friends than to get a smaller plan? Seems like it to me.

Even more reason to split 81 game plans between friends than to get a smaller plan? Seems like it to me.

Not really. Splitting an 81 game in 3 results in 3 people getting tickets for 3-4 ALCS games and 27 regular season games. With a 29-game plan, one person gets tickets to 2 LCS games. The latter seems preferrable to me.

Not really. Splitting an 81 game in 3 results in 3 people getting tickets for 3-4 ALCS games and 27 regular season games. With a 29-game plan, one person gets tickets to 2 LCS games. The latter seems preferrable to me.

I run an 81 game group. I'd rather not post the exact benefits we received last year, but your theory is incorrect.

I run an 81 game group. I'd rather not post the exact benefits we received last year, but your theory is incorrect.

It wouldn't surprise me if you had the opportunity to purchase more tickets, I am just speaking about what is guaranteed to each group of season ticket holders. I believe the 29 game plan holders also got early dibs at additional tickets before they went on sale to the general public. The team does a great job of accommodating their most valuable customers.

So I got my invoice. 845 dollars for 3 games of 2 tickets each. That is basically what my 13 game plan cost. If you want to pay half now you have to roll the 410 dollars into next season tickets if they don't play the games. If you pay 845 dollars now you have to ask for a refund in writing and mail it away by a certain date to get your refund or it goes towards next season tickets. It appears that this is just a scam to get you to buy season tickets for next year and they get to hold on to your money for a little longer.

I'm pretty sure the "scam" is perpetrated by every team in MLB. I gladly paid my invoice today. I never dreamed of even seeing such an invoice for the first ten years I was a season ticket holder (2003-2012).

The Orioles have produced what I always asked for during the lean years: meaningful August and September baseball.

Archived