Michael Morse "almost certain" to join the Orioles (Update: Acquired for Avery))

Greg

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no problem with the trade. Nady was never going to amount to anymore than a role player with this team. Contrary to what some people think, Morse is a definite offensive upgrade. And to suggest that he might have to take a back seat to Valencia is short-sighted.

My only problem with the trade, is that I feel the Os needed another starting pitcher much more than they need another offensive player without a true position. But I'm assuming, they didn't see a waiver fit there, that's why the targeted offensive players.

Bottom line is, even if this team sneaks into the playoffs, Scott Feldman is going to take them to the promised land. If they were going all in, they should have made a bigger splash for a true #1 starter, like Clf. Lee, earlier in the year. I know the rumors are that the Phils were asking for the moon, but I think we could have talked them down, if we were willing to eat a big chunk of his salary.

I have no problem with the trade. Nady was never going to amount to anymore than a role player with this team. Contrary to what some people think, Morse is a definite offensive upgrade. And to suggest that he might have to take a back seat to Valencia is short-sighted.

My only problem with the trade, is that I feel the Os needed another starting pitcher much more than they need another offensive player without a true position. But I'm assuming, they didn't see a waiver fit there, that's why the targeted offensive players.

Bottom line is, even if this team sneaks into the playoffs, Scott Feldman is going to take them to the promised land. If they were going all in, they should have made a bigger splash for a true #1 starter, like Clf. Lee, earlier in the year. I know the rumors are that the Phils were asking for the moon, but I think we could have talked them down, if we were willing to eat a big chunk of his salary.

Cliff Lee gonna pitch out of the bullpen too?

That should have read Scott Feldman "isn't." Must have been thinking with my heart when I was typing.

There is no point for this trade. The season is over and we gave away a prospect for a 31 year old journeyman who probably wont be around for long.

We gave away a guy who would at best have been a 4th OF with no arm, no bat, and just speed. I guess we gave away a Pinch Runner. DD should be fired. Avery really isn't that good. Really.

Its likely Avery was never going to wear an Orioles uniform again. My only complaint is that the Morse trade should have been made a month ago, although he hasn't hit for doodily squat since coming off the DL and returning to the Seattle lineup in late July. Maybe a change of scenery back then would have helped. Regardless, its too little, too late now.

So, you don't feel like reading the other thread so we should just repeat everything we said there about the trade?
Really, there should have been a new thread created as soon as Morse was finalized and it was announced it was Avery who was being shipped for him. Instead, there's a 306 post thread and who knows when discussion turns to Avery in there?

Really, there should have been a new thread created as soon as Morse was finalized and it was announced it was Avery who was being shipped for him. Instead, there's a 306 post thread and who knows when discussion turns to Avery in there?

Unfortunately, this thread adds absolutely nothing to what was said in the other one. It's a waste of readers' time.

Archived