Could this be what we are asking the Mariners for?

Sports Guy

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/baseball/347363_mari15.html

I apologize if this article has already been posted but with Clement possibly off the table and Morrow not going, I think we are looking at the best possible offer being:

Jones

Triunfel

Tillman

Sherrill

Now, perhaps the hangup is that the M's don't want to include Triunfel and Tillman...I am not sure.

Or maybe AM doesn't want 2 players who are as far away as Triunfel and Tillman.

If they had Clement or Morrow in the deal, besides Tillman or Triunfel, the Orioles may jump at the deal.

So, IMO, it is one of those 2 things holding them back.

NOTE: If they can get flip Sherrill for Lillibridge, they should be ok with getting back the 2 young guys who are far away.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/baseball/347363_mari15.html

I apologize if this article has already been posted but with Clement possibly off the table and Morrow not going, I think we are looking at the best possible offer being:

Jones

Triunfel

Tillman

Sherrill

Now, perhaps the hangup is that the M's don't want to include Triunfel and Tillman...I am not sure.

Or maybe AM doesn't want 2 players who are as far away as Triunfel and Tillman.

If they had Clement or Morrow in the deal, besides Tillman or Triunfel, the Orioles may jump at the deal.

So, IMO, it is one of those 2 things holding them back.

NOTE: If they can get flip Sherrill for Lillibridge, they should be ok with getting back the 2 young guys who are far away.

It's my opinion this is a possible package and that Sherrill (and Jamie Walker) will be a part of our pen.

It's my opinion this is a possible package and that Sherrill (and Jamie Walker) will be a part of our pen.

I believe this as well.

Just to be clear, its of your opinion that you think we could get Tillman and Triunfel??

I could see that going either way really.

I'm definitely pulling the trigger if those 4 are the deal. Of course I'm then trying to flip Sherill, but I still like the deal. I won't begrudge MacPhail holding out to replace Triunfel with Clement though, as long as he doesn't push so hard that the whole thing falls apart.

I'm definitely pulling the trigger if those 4 are the deal. Of course I'm then trying to flip Sherill, but I still like the deal. I won't begrudge MacPhail holding out to replace Triunfel with Clement though, as long as he doesn't push so hard that the whole thing falls apart.

I had wanted Clement but I am changing that stance....I really would like to get Triunfel...This kid could be starting by 2010 and his upside is incredible.

I agree, except I don't prefer Clement to Triunfel unless we know we can flip Clement for a good prospect at a position we want, such as SS or 2B.

Does anyone else on here chuckle every time Bigbird begins his post with "It's my opinion..."? Look what we've done to the poor soul. He can't even post his opinion without explicitly stating that it's his opinion, else we bombard him with questions like "Are you hearing this or is that just your opinion?". I feel for you BB. Appreciate your posts, though.

Bigbird you said earlier that it was your opinion that Bedard would be our opening day pitcher. Has something happened to change your opinion? Or am I mistaken?

It's my opinion that Bedard will be our 2008 opening day starter

I won't begrudge MacPhail holding out to replace Triunfel with Clement though, as long as he doesn't push so hard that the whole thing falls apart.

My guess is that he's holding out for Clement and that's the sticking point. If it is, it's an impasse that has no future for us as I don't think they'll give him up.

Let's look at it from a different perspective. What can we get for a package of Bedard and Markakis? We don't want to go there. The Mariners have a place they won't go and it's called Clement.

Bigbird you said earlier that it was your opinion that Bedard would be our opening day pitcher. Has something happened to change your opinion? Or am I mistaken?

I know people don't like to hear this but things literally are changing by the hour.

Look at what the Seattle writer said today...He thought a deal would be done yesterday...Today he didn't think so. Tomorrow he may change his mind.

At this point, i am surprised Bavasi or AM don't fly to meet in a room, lock the door and hammer this thing out until it is done. lol

Archived