Could this be what we are asking the Mariners for?

Sports Guy

Its simple

Sherrill is need in the M's pen, he is a valuable arm for a contending team to have.

If your in rebuild mode you dont need a 30 year old reliever, you should be trading one.

Sherrill makes no sense, I really dont understand what McPhail is doing. If you want a closer go out and get Dotel.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its simple

Sherrill is need in the M's pen, he is a valuable arm for a contending team to have.

If your in rebuild mode you dont need a 30 year old reliever, you should be trading one.

Sherrill makes no sense, I really dont understand what McPhail is doing. If you want a closer go out and get Dotel.

But if he's intent on Sherrill as he has him traded if he can get him... Like to the Braves as someone else mentioned.

Its simple

We know for sure that Sherrill is the key piece holding everything up? After the Cubs situation I don't think we know as much as we think we do.

We know for sure that Sherrill is the key piece holding everything up? After the Cubs situation I don't think we know as much as we think we do.

Just going by every report and proposed deal.

I dont know if thats what is holding it up, but I think it would be easier to get a deal done if we drop our demand for Sherrill.

But I agree, who knows at this point.

Its simple

I 2nd this. Truinfel & Tillman would be a good score for potential, their young age is a little frightening, but they make sense at least we're going with top value despite the fact that they aren't even close to sniffing the Majors. Sherrill on the other hand, I can't for the life of me understand why we want him. If he had some experience as a closer and we knew for sure he could handle that role and could be dealt at the deadline, fine.

But that isn't the case. Right now, he's a very good LOOGY/Set up man. He's got 4 career saves and 4 blown save opportunities. It's about 50/50 that he can close. If he can't, what's the going rate for a LOOGY these days? Or a set up man?

If Sherrill, Walker, Bradford or all 3 could net us Lillibridge, I'd do that in a half a second. The bullpen should be last on the list of AM's to do list this season. A bullpen/closer has ZERO value to a team like the 2008 O's. None. Who cares if we have a reliable bullpen, when your losing the majority of your games?

If Sherrill is a piece of the Bedard deal, then the O's management should rent him a hotel room till July 31st, because theres no way he should unpack his bags.

Just going buy every report and proposed deal.

I dont know if thats what is holding it up, but I think it would be easier to get a deal done if we drop our demand for Sherrill.

But I agree, who knows at this point.

I would be beyond pissed if it ever came out that the proposed deal of Jones, Truinfel & Tillman got botched because we demanded Sherill. If he's a throw in that can be spun to another team for another prospect, fine. But if we're demanding that he's part of the deal, someone should slap AM in the face and wake him up.

I 2nd this. Truinfel & Tillman would be a good score for potential, their young age is a little frightening, but they make sense at least we're going with top value despite the fact that they aren't even close to sniffing the Majors. Sherrill on the other hand, I can't for the life of me understand why we want him. If he had some experience as a closer and we knew for sure he could handle that role and could be dealt at the deadline, fine.

But that isn't the case. Right now, he's a very good LOOGY/Set up man. He's got 4 career saves and 4 blown save opportunities. It's about 50/50 that he can close. If he can't, what's the going rate for a LOOGY these days? Or a set up man?

If Sherrill, Walker, Bradford or all 3 could net us Lillibridge, I'd do that in a half a second. The bullpen should be last on the list of AM's to do list this season. A bullpen/closer has ZERO value to a team like the 2008 O's. None. Who cares if we have a reliable bullpen, when your losing the majority of your games?

If Sherrill is a piece of the Bedard deal, then the O's management should rent him a hotel room till July 31st, because theres no way he should unpack his bags.

Problem is the by the Mariners reporters are Triunfel , Morrow,Sherrill, & Clement are not going to be dealt.

Other than Jones & Tillman who are 3 & 4 ? I have advocated for Chen but he missed 2007 & probably could be had in a smaller deal.

I would be beyond pissed if it ever came out that the proposed deal of Jones, Truinfel & Tillman got botched because we demanded Sherill. If he's a throw in that can be spun to another team for another prospect, fine. But if we're demanding that he's part of the deal, someone should slap AM in the face and wake him up.
If Sherrill is a sticking point then just substitute Chen for him. Chen makes more sense for us. Jones, Tillman, Truinfel, and Chen would be fine with me. The M's don't want to give up Jones, Morrow or Sheririll because they figure into their win now plan. I'm sure they preferred to offer Clement over Jones since they need Jones for RF next year. We seem to have gotten them around to giving up Jones. I don't see why we need to insist on Sherrill.

Problem is the by the Mariners reporters are Triunfel , Morrow,Sherrill, & Clement are not going to be dealt.

Other than Jones & Tillman who are 3 & 4 ? I have advocated for Chen but he missed 2007 & probably could be had in a smaller deal.

If this is true, then Bavasi is truly bugsy. Jones, Tillman and a PTBNL for Bedard? LOL.

If Sherrill is a sticking point then just substitute Chen for him. Chen makes more sense for us. Jones, Tillman, Truinfel, and Chen would be fine with me. The M's don't want to give up Jones, Morrow or Sheririll because they figure into their win now plan. I'm sure they preferred to offer Clement over Jones since they need Jones for RF next year. We seem to have gotten them around to giving up Jones. I don't see why we need to insist on Sherrill.

What do you think about Jones, Clement, Triunfel, Tillman, & Chen

for

Bedard

Payton

& One of our surplus 3-5 starter guys ?

What do you think about Jones, Clement, Triunfel, Tillman, & Chen

for

Bedard

Payton

& One of our surplus 3-5 starter guys ?

I don't know why the M's would want Payton. One of our SP prospects might help but we don't need all of those M's players. I would rather have Truinfel over Clement or Tillman, and keep the SP. I would definitely offer Millar for Sexton, if that would help.

I don't know why the M's would want Payton. One of our SP prospects might help but we don't need all of those M's players. I would rather have Truinfel over Clement or Tillman, and keep the SP. I would definitely offer Millar for Sexton, if that would help.

Payton is a decent 4th outfielder, can play all 3 positions. If they are planning on going insto the year with Wlad as their RF it would be wise to have a decent backup plan. He's not great, but if your making a run for the playoffs it's definitely better than nothing.

I have heard speculation, don't remember where, that the O's might want Sherrill ot flip to ATL for Lillibridge. Perhaps AM has something setup with ATL contingent on acquiring Sherrill. Sure we have Walker and could simply flip him, but who's to say ATL wants Walker. They might simply covet Sherrill.

Payton is a decent 4th outfielder, can play all 3 positions. If they are planning on going insto the year with Wlad as their RF it would be wise to have a decent backup plan. He's not great, but if your making a run for the playoffs it's definitely better than nothing.

That was my thought as well.

The way I see it Chen can replace Roberts now who IMO should be on his way out.

Tillman & Triunfel are not ready for the majors & have high ceilings.

Clement could stay as a Catcher/DH or traded for another piece or allow for Hernandez to be moved with a reasonable replacement.

Of course Jones plays now in CF.

That would leave SS to fill in the Roberts deal or with a trade for Brignac or Lillibridge.

How would it be too many M's

3 Guys who can play now & better than what we have in CF,2B, & C/DH

(I'm assuming they would deal Roberts in my statement)

& 2 High ceiling prospects not yet ready!

Archived