Could this be what we are asking the Mariners for?

Sports Guy

I know people don't like to hear this but things literally are changing by the hour.

Look at what the Seattle writer said today...He thought a deal would be done yesterday...Today he didn't think so. Tomorrow he may change his mind.

At this point, i am surprised Bavasi or AM don't fly to meet in a room, lock the door and hammer this thing out until it is done. lol

Too much drama for my blood. That's why MacPhail gets paid the big bucks I guess.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know people don't like to hear this but things literally are changing by the hour.

Look at what the Seattle writer said today...He thought a deal would be done yesterday...Today he didn't think so. Tomorrow he may change his mind.

At this point, i am surprised Bavasi or AM don't fly to meet in a room, lock the door and hammer this thing out until it is done. lol

I agree completely, it's obvious they want him badly, just meet and take care of it.

Can big bird be there too?;)

Did I miss something positive in the article? It sounds to me like the writer is acknowledging the Bedard trade is probably dead.

He's just speculating that Jones playing again may mean the Mariners have given up, but other sources have said the talks are still going...

From Rob Neyer chat:

Tom (Seattle): With Bill Bavasi and his itchy trigger finger, ready to trade all of the M's youth, we fans have had many sleepless nights. Please relay to him that Bedard is not worth Jones, Morrow, and Triunfel. This is crazy talk!

Rob Neyer: Is it? The M's can afford to spend a LOT of money, but lately there's not much to spend it on. I know you'd hate to lose Jones, but I would argue that if they can get Bedard signed long-term it wouldn't be a bad deal for the M's.

As much as Seattle fans are complaining, thought this was interesting.

I read in an earlier thread how MacPhail and Angelos were on the "same page" and had the same "thoughts" in terms of the direction of the team. Several people followed with posts that they "felt better" that ANdy and Peter were on the samepage and shared the same direction I don't know why, but that scared the crap out of me, and sitting around waiting for things to happen is more and more like Pete every day. I'd love to have faith, but we always find ways to screw these things up.

Let's just do Adam Jones straight up for Bedard and get it over with. We'll have Jones for several years and Erik can go on his way.

Again, you're acting like this was offered. We don't know.

Well we can speculate. Look right now, I'll take a deal of Jones and two of Triunfel, Clement, Morrow and Tillman. All of those guys have been mentioned as being a part of a possible package for Bedard, that we do know. I want this saga over with so we can get on with shaping the rest of our team before ST. Time is running out to make any more trades and we've still got tons of work to do.

My two cents (and this is totally an opinion with no evidence to support any of it)....

MLB possibly notifies teams that their offices will be closed while the congressional hearing take place. The O's and M's work out an agreement for players and try to get it to the offices before they close and they pull Jones out until the trade is approved. Something comes up, and they can't get the paperwork to the MLB offices in time. They agree that instead of making Jones sit for a week, they agree to allow him to continue playing (hence the obscure statement from Bavasi). Now they are just waiting until the offices re-open (hence the 48 hour statement) and then the trade will be completed.

I know what you are thinking, and I hate being the eternal optimist.

I am holding out hope that the final deal is something like, Bedard, Payton, and Cherry/FCab for Jones, Tillman, Triunfel, Sherill, and Chen.

Then with Chen in house to play 2B we may see Roberts traded.

Hey, would everyone be okay with a trade of Bedard, Reimold and Penn/Olson/Patton to the Mariners for the deal that odogs101 just mentioned? Would the Mariners?

Archived