Per the Sun: "Orioles most inactive team..."

MemorialStadKid

1. Kelly Johnson is a upgrade at 2nd for us. 2. David Murphy 3. Nolasco 4. Josh Johnson all make us better. No reason the Orioles couldn't fit them into 2014 Budget.

Do they really make us better? Perhaps they don't make us worse but I don't see the making us better part. Roberts and Flaherty combined were better than Kelly Johnson. Who was David Murphy better than? Nolasco probably but he's not a drastic improvement over who he would have joined.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do they really make us better? Perhaps they don't make us worse but I don't see the making us better part. Roberts and Flaherty combined were better than Kelly Johnson. Who was David Murphy better than? Nolasco probably but he's not a drastic improvement over who he would have joined.

Well it seems the Orioles didn't want Nate back in 2014. So Murphy is better then Nolan and anyone else you wanna throw out in 2014.

Might I suggest a remedial class in reading comprehension. Perhaps it would save you from both making strawman arguments.

And as usual, the personal attacks come out when someone doesn't see things your way. Other than putting words in peoples mouths as you are doing with birdland, it's pretty much the staus quo.

It's almost like Dan forgot last year happened. I mean how many number 5 SP did we have pitch for us last year? DH was a mess all year. Now in 2014 we gotta add LF and Closer to the list of needs.

The only thing that will snap them out of the "let's do nothing and hope for the best" mindset is a truly disastrous season. Like 55 wins.

Then they'll come up with a formula that suggests that we really didn't lose 55 games on paper, but UZR + WAR + OBP + RISP = a 97 win season. Despite being in 5th place.

Just watch.

MSK

3 things:

1. Led zeppelin rocks.

2. He never said it was about that signing. He was simply talking about teams making moves. You are the one that attacked him on that specific player.

3. I don't think he is trolling. In fact, it is refreshing to have less of the homer/lemming crowd.

He posted the tweet about the signing of Pelfrey and then he added the following:

"Twins are spending and the Orioles............"

He's taking a shot at the Orioles for not spending money by pointing to that signing. He admits that he wouldn't have wanted that player signed. If that's the case, who gives two ****s if the Twins are spending money if it's on something he doesn't want to spend money on. That's the definition of complaining just to complain.

Murphy was better than Reimold, and he will be better than what will be in LF as of right now in 2014.

It's almost like Dan forgot last year happened. I mean how many number 5 SP did we have pitch for us last year? DH was a mess all year. Now in 2014 we gotta add LF and Closer to the list of needs.

This is what royally pizzes me off. If we had a #5 the first half of last year, maybe JJ wouldn't have burned out and we would have won more games and been in the playoffs.

We need a SP, 1 or 2 and some depth for when someone goes down from injury and/or in effectiveness. And that WILL happen.

He posted the tweet about the signing of Pelfrey and then he added the following:

He's taking a shot at the Orioles for not spending money by pointing to that signing. He admits that he wouldn't have wanted that player signed. If that's the case, who gives two ****s if the Twins are spending money if it's on something he doesn't want to spend money on. That's the definition of complaining just to complain.

Look man not trying to start a fight. In 2013 the Twins SP was a hot mess, At least they're trying to fix that problem. What are we doing about are holes? I will never make fun of a team for trying as a fan that's all you can ask.

I could be wrong but what he is saying is this: look this team thinks this guy is a valuable piece and they went out and got them. Why can't we be more aggressive like this? He isn't saying we should have signed that specific player...

I could be wrong though...

I would rather have a real upgrade. You can complain because the Orioles didn't give someone worth 0.2 war a 2 year deal.

Dude we both know a REAL UPGRADE will never happen they cost money.

Archived