Per the Sun: "Orioles most inactive team..."

MemorialStadKid

You didn't directly quote me. You piggybacked off of someone else who was mischaracterizing my comments. I'm not on your case but if you're going to accuse someone of personal attacks then I'm gonna call you out on your straw man arguments.

Again, you decided to call me out when you can't even show me where I was even referencing you. Talk about inferior size complex. Call me out on whatever you want. If that makes you feel better then have had it. My comment was a blanket statement in response to birdland. It had no ulterior motives. Just so you know.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have my own beefs :) that wasn't directed at you per se...

However I do think many are very pretentious with their opinions to the point were they are being bullies. Many comments by some are allowed that are quite personal...seems wrong to me, just my two cents.

I think I am very moderate but one thing I don't like reading on here is all one side or the other...we need people being held accountable

If that is the case, just turn on Fox News they can tell you what to think:)....

PS: Led Zeppelin still rocks; have you seen much of Get the Led Out? Good stuff!

I have no ill will towards ledzepp. It's not personal. Some fans (me) just doesn't take the Orioles actions as well as others. I wish I could find sensible logic deep down for their lack of activity. Its just history shows its most likely due to PA. I know its a broken record. Unfortunately, it's a slow winter and it's not like we have moves or signings to really discuss.

Happy Holidays to all. Hope it's a safe one.

Again, you decided to call me out when you can't even show me where I was even referencing you. Talk about inferior size complex. Call me out on whatever you want. If that makes you feel better then have had it. My comment was a blanket statement in response to birdland. It had no ulterior motives. Just so you know.

I can't show where you were referencing me, yet you know that I was referring to you piggybacking off of birdland's post to me. You directly quoted a post from him towards me, where you said the following:

"Its pointless. Spending money is dumb. The Royals, Mariners, Twins, and the A's are all dumb. How dare their owners spend money on players to try and improve their teams. Angelos must be a pretty smart owner. He sees how dumb it is to spend on good players."

But according to you that was just a blanket statement that had nothing to do with what you were quoting. How convenient for you. Bottomline is that if people disagree with you, it doesn't make them Angelos apologists. God that so tiring and simplistic. You guys don't want to actually address and debate what has been said, you just want to resort to some simplistic, "you think Angelos can do no wrong" straw man.

I have no ill will towards ledzepp. It's not personal. Some fans (me) just doesn't take the Orioles actions as well as others. I wish I could find sensible logic deep down for their lack of activity. Its just history shows its most likely due to PA. I know its a broken record. Unfortunately, it's a slow winter and it's not like we have moves or signings to really discuss.

Happy Holidays to all. Hope it's a safe one.

You too man... Happy Holidays.

Slow is an understatement:)

I can't show where you were referencing me, yet you know that I was referring to you piggybacking off of birdland's post to me. You directly quoted a post from him towards me, where you said the following:

"Its pointless. Spending money is dumb. The Royals, Mariners, Twins, and the A's are all dumb. How dare their owners spend money on players to try and improve their teams. Angelos must be a pretty smart owner. He sees how dumb it is to spend on good players."

But according to you that was just a blanket statement that had nothing to do with what you were quoting. How convenient for you. Bottomline is that if people disagree with you, it doesn't make them Angelos apologists. God that so tiring and simplistic. You guys don't want to actually address and debate what has been said, you just want to resort to some simplistic, "you think Angelos can do no wrong" straw man.

And many people have told birdland spending just to spend is dumb. Thats where that comment came from. It also gets old that everytime any of us suggest spending, we're either "Not O's fans" or we "Have no clue how baseball operates". Strawman arguements are a two way street. And to tell someone they need to take a remedial reading class is an insult. I don't care how you try and paint it. You thinking it isn't says a lot.

I think the insult hurlers should tone it back a bit. And by a bit, please follow the rules exactly if speaking of fellow posters, players, management, ownership, or media members. Obviously Hangout Moderation as well.

Telling lies, repeating the same post in multiple threads, abbreviations of epithets and insults are not acceptable.

We can all have our opinions and at this moment, far more negative thoughts are prevalent. Please practice decorum.

I think the insult hurlers should tone it back a bit. And by a bit, please follow the rules exactly if speaking of fellow posters, players, management, ownership, or media members. Obviously Hangout Moderation as well.

Telling lies, repeating the same post in multiple threads, abbreviations of epithets and insults are not acceptable.

We can all have our opinions and at this moment, far more negative thoughts are prevalent. Please practice decorum.

Well said. I just want the Orioles to show me they care and the last 2 off-season that hasn't happened.

The point is that if you don't believe that the player is an upgrade, why use it as an argument towards condemning the Orioles inaction? Complain about the inaction all you want...it just gets old to have every non signingi pointed out as some blunder, when the person pointing it out wouldn't agreed with the signing anyhow.

Yeah maybe those posts get old. But so do constant posts like this one whining about posts like that.

The bottom line is that nearly every the in the major leagues has made moves that attempt to address their weaknesses EXCEPT the Orioles. And a lot of fans find that extremely frustrating. Maybe some of those teams' attempts at filling holes were not smart or ill-conceived. That fact does absolutely nothing to diminish our frustration at a front office that has so far done nothing to even try to address our biggest needs.

I'll add the usual disclaimer to the end of my post that if we go out and get Garza and Choo I will gladly come back to this thread and eat some serious crow. I believe the likelihood of that happening is about the same as me winding up on bed within Minka Kelly tonight but I will be glad to come back and eat my words if either happens.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

You and Dr. Corn du Can are right. Mike Wright and/or other minor leaguers vaguely resembling Mike Wright are the proper choice for such a position.

And I'll go one further, though I think you'd agree anyway: scrap the stupid "closer" position and just have random minor league middle relief types throw an inning when needed against favorable matchups. There, I just solved the closer problem for the price of basically free. Can I be GM now?

It certainly seems to make sense in theory. So why hasn't anyone tried it, not even guys like Maddon who seem open to new ideas? Even he has always designated one guy as closer and used him in most save situations.

It certainly seems to make sense in theory. So why hasn't anyone tried it, not even guys like Maddon who seem open to new ideas? Even he has always designated one guy as closer and used him in most save situations.

I think it requires an extra bullpen arm, and option-able bullpen pieces. But It probably works. If your starters go 6.3. Or even 6 on average. It's when you get into that idea of covering some of the fifth with a match-up that the whole house of cards falls down.

haggle1.jpg

Haggling is for poor people and cheapskates. Ask any wealthy person if they got where they are by taking every deal that came their way at face value. Of course they didn’t! They knew exactly what they wanted and decided how much they were willing to give up to get it. Billionaire CEOs haggle with each other every day over multi-million dollar deals. You only look like a cheapskate when you become petty, not when you work hard to get a great deal on something that’s important to you.

multiple-outcomes.png

Like Your Old Man.

Haggling isn’t worth the time or savings. A good negotiation definitely takes time to complete, but it’s almost always worth it.

first-number.png

Archived