Per Rosenthal: Balfour (FINALLY) to Orioles...

xian4

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well , Heyman is useless.

If the Orioles were interested in Cruz it would only be for a one year deal and not at 15 million. So this is just nonsense. There is zero chance with DD running the Orioles that they would sign him to a multi-deal at big dollars. DD knows how much Cruz is worth.. he isn't stupid.

If the Orioles were interested in Cruz it would only be for a one year deal and not at 15 million. So this is just nonsense. There is zero chance with DD running the Orioles that they would sign him to a multi-deal at big dollars. DD knows how much Cruz is worth.. he isn't stupid.

Maybe Cruz isn't a DD move. Peter trying to shove it in Schmucks face?

He is either

1) Gullible

2) Getting kickbacks from particular agents.

I mean, sarcasm aside, I seriously do not remember him EVER getting a single thing "right," at least in the sense that I can't recall a time where he's broken a story, and the details of said story were shown to reflect reality.

Boy He has back track big time lol

Orioles make offers for closer Grant Balfour and others

The Orioles talked to Nelson Cruz's agent, but it isn't clear how involved the Orioles are there. Baltimore has been reluctant to give up the No. 17 overall draft choice, which would be necessitated by a Cruz signing.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/24372691/orioles-are-in-the-bidding-on-nelson-cruz-grant-balfour-and-more

The Orioles talked to Nelson Cruz's agent, but it isn't clear how involved the Orioles are there. Baltimore has been reluctant to give up the No. 17 overall draft choice, which would be necessitated by a Cruz signing.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/24372691/orioles-are-in-the-bidding-on-nelson-cruz-grant-balfour-and-more

Yeah, the report has been dialed back considerably. Now it's basically just "Orioles STILL interested in Balfour."

Heyman. Thats all that needs to be said ;)

Heyman. Thats all that needs to be said ;)

When it comes to Hot Stove stuff, I think most (nearly all) writers get a really bum rap. These guys are being pressed for content by their editors, and are forced to rely on whispers and conjecture. Hell, they could just all go quiet until paperwork's finalized, and then fans wouldn't have anything to follow. It's just part of the game.

When it comes to Hot Stove stuff, I think most (nearly all) writers get a really bum rap. These guys are being pressed for content by their editors, and are forced to rely on whispers and conjecture. Hell, they could just all go quiet until paperwork's finalized, and then fans wouldn't have anything to follow. It's just part of the game.

Some reporters are better than others. And that means someone has to be the worst.

Heyman is the worst.

I'm a little late to the party on this. Just read the link.

How in the world could the O's pass on Either/Kemp and not even kick the tires on Granderson, yet have interest in Cruz? :confused: Really hope this isn't true. He's the oldest of the four, probably the worst defensively of that group and he's coming off a steroid suspension. This team clearly doesn't like big contracts, so I can understand passing on the first 3, but if you're going to pay one of those four guys, he's the last one of the group you should be looking at. lol

I will be sorrowly disappointed in this team if they give up a pick to sign Cruz when they could have just had Eithier/Kemp. That trade would have solved several problems at once: you get rid of the reliever you didn't want to pay/extend, you get an everyday player for the hole in LF and you still have your draft pick.

Instead, in typical O's fashion, we're hearing things like this. I seriously hope this is just more hot stove fluff and nothing comes of it. :angryfire:

Archived