Rosenthal says deal done Jimenez (4/$50M - Official)

Greg

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sidenote: this makes the Yoon signing even better now. And all the other moves, for that matter: Webb, Aceves, etc. When you get that one marquee guy, all other moves just look that much better as a way of strengthening depth rather than having to rely on question marks.

This is what I've been praying for for several weeks now! I'm in the minority but I love all DD's depth move MiL deals. He always has capable players to bring up from AAA. Again this year I thought we were set up very well, just needed that good pitcher both for the team and to push Gausman to Norfolk. Now we have UJ and the team looks really solid.

Now everyone is saying get Morales too. I don't know if that's needed. Would certainly be nice but seems like an expensive luxury to me. Wonder if we could get a decent bat for Britton?

I think whether Davis is here long term or not is up to him and Boras, not the Orioles.

I think Davis wants to stay. Boras wants the most money possible. It's up to the Orioles whether or not they are willing to pay that. So I think a great deal of Davis being here long term is up to the Orioles. If its between Crush and Wieters, I choose Crush. Though I'd like to keep both. I think Wieters is under appreciated, and fans won't know what there missing until we have Brooke Fordyce part 2 catching.

I'm still kind of amazed this morning that the Orioles signed a big name free agent starting pitcher.

That quite literally has never happened in the history of this team.

Without trying to be negative here, I just wonder how big name he is?

Looking at at his WAR, its been a few years since he showed anything.

He isn't a TOR, so that leaves Tilly at the #1 spot, so where does the new guy get penciled into the starting five.

He isn't a TOR, so that leaves Tilly at the #1 spot, so where does the new guy get penciled into the starting five.

I think he is a pretty big name. He was one of the best handful of pitchers in baseball in Colorado, and while he did stumble for a few years, he got it back in a big way last year. After the first few starts last year (the first two, I believe), he was one of the best pitchers in baseball, and had the best ERA in the AL in the second half and was second in the majors only to Kershaw. When he is on, which was pretty frequent last year, he has no-hit stuff and has a few downright nasty pitches. I think he would be a TOR starter for many teams, and could be for us. He will have to take it away from Tillman, but that is not a bad problem to have.

His WAR was the same as Gio Gonzalez or Jordan Zimmerman or Strasburg last season. So I think you are underestimating him.

Forget labeling him - look at his post all-star game stats last season in 84 innings: 1.82 ERA, 100 SO's vs 27 walks. And that's in the American League. We didn't have anything like that. Now we do... pending a... gulp... physical.

Archived