Rosenthal says deal done Jimenez (4/$50M - Official)

Greg

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's actually me the time I saw Brian Roberts' wife wearing yoga pants at Whole Foods.

Now THAT I would like to see.

One of my favorite weekly events is grocery shopping on Sunday morning. Its a smorgasbord of talent, many wearing what you describe here!

Hey, I think I just saw Peter Angelos walking through the lobby of the building I work in. I was going to yell "Ubaldooo!" as I passed him, but he was in mid conversation with someone and I didn't want to be creepy, so instead I just stared intently at him for 20 seconds as I tried to decide whether it was really him. I'm 90% sure it was.

As he approached did you feel the temperature drop five degrees? Did you hear a faint sound, as if there was a child screaming in the distance? Was there a gathering murder of crows?

No?

Probably not him then.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>All signs are positive with Jimenez's physical. Might be here as soon as tmrw. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23orioles&src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">February 18, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Forget labeling him - look at his post all-star game stats last season in 84 innings: 1.82 ERA, 100 SO's vs 27 walks. And that's in the American League. We didn't have anything like that. Now we do... pending a... gulp... physical.

If...he...keeps....it....up. Lots of upside with Ubaldo, but he's been a bit of a Jeckyll/Hyde character. Hopefully we keep him on the ace side.

If...he...keeps....it....up. Lots of upside with Ubaldo, but he's been a bit of a Jeckyll/Hyde character. Hopefully we keep him on the ace side.

The key to Jiminez is getting him to execute consistently. He's never going to be a surgeon with his pitches -- he just doesn't have the capability. What you hope to do is keep him executing his pitches such that he isn't hanging breaking balls and splitters, or elevating flat fastballs, up and over the plate. He is going to walk folks. He is going to catch a lot of the plate. When the pure stuff is on it is good enough to miss bats in the zone and get bats to chase. When it's flat, and he isn't hitting his release, he makes a fair number of mistakes over the plate, and that is what hitters will punish.

I think the realistic hope is that Baltimore gets more good times than bad times over the four years. The upside is he somehow repeats 2013 for a couple of years. Otherwise, it's likely to continue to be Jeckyll/Hyde (as you say), which is about what Baltimore paid for him anyway, not taking the pick into account.

Archived