Rosenthal says deal done Jimenez (4/$50M - Official)

Greg

Hopefully, he's a pitcher who has evolved and is set for awhile. Supposedly, the Indians pitching coach made some mechanical adjustments last year that paid big dividends. Also, I checked out Pitch FX and Jimenez went from a pitcher who average 96 mph and threw 66% 4 seamers, to a pitcher in 2010 who threw a lot of two seamers. His velocity dropped (too many two seamers?) and he started throwing more changeups. Last year he threw his slider over 22% of the time and his 4 seamer only 33$ of the time. He his really mixing things up now but it appears his command really started to come around last year after being the worst of his career in 2012.

Some of those vids that have been posted, UJ's backdoor slider to lefties is just SICK.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saw the video and it looked pretty precise. Was that the 13 strikeout game? His command looked exceptional that day. Of course, I just saw the highlights.

Yeah the 13 K game, and yeah... it's all highlights. But [weneedanickname] has some wicked pitches sometimes. I commented somewhere else about an up and way in 4S to a righty. Just overmatched hitters.

e: Many staring at strike three.

Man I really hope we get the good Ubaldo Jimenez, at least for a few years. That'd be huge for the whole pitching staff & team.

Last season ERA

3.30 Jimenez

3.71 Tillman

3.78 Gonzalez

4.07 Chen

Pretty nice 1-4 just based on last year's numbers, and then between Norris, Gausman, and Britton, you should have a good 5 also.

Archived