Brian Roberts, Jim Johnson and Grant Balfour watch.

Ommaculate

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The O's were never doubting his effectiveness in 3 games pitched. They doubted he would stay healthy for the length of his 2 year contract. There can be absolutely no incrimination laid upon the Orioles until Balfour's contract with TB is nearing an end.

Exactly, lets see Balfour stay healthy for the entire contract time, which was the question mark the Orioles had.

You always had the faith. Glad to see he is being useful. He will probably win back that closer's job before long.

I have no idea how he will do this year. I will root for him to do well, because I always felt he was a stand-up guy for us, win or lose. I cannot imagine what this board would have been like if we hadn't traded him and he had gotten off to the same start for us that he did for Oakland. It would have been unbearable. For that reason alone, I'm glad we traded him even if he doesn't allow another run between now and the All Star Break.

• 3 weeks later...
The A's brought in Jim with a 7-run lead in the 6th inning yesterday and he couldn't make it through 1 inning. He walked a couple to load the bases and then walked in a run. It's sad to watch.

If by sad you mean hilarious.

Ten million right there ladies and gentlemen.

There is no system for predicting which of a handful of relief pitchers are going to have career years, and which handful will be completely useless.

Archived