Brian Roberts, Jim Johnson and Grant Balfour watch.

Ommaculate

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Robert really helped us out last night. He got no hits and popped up in the 9nth to secure our victory. Thanks Brian Robert!

I wouldn't call that a "pop up." Hell, the way Nick kept drifting back on that ball, I thought the wind was gonna take it out for a 9th inning walk off. Plus BRob made a hell of a play earlier in the game.

I wouldn't call that a "pop up." Hell, the way Nick kept drifting back on that ball, I thought the wind was gonna take it out for a 9th inning walk off. Plus BRob made a hell of a play earlier in the game.

He did an ole pick that was mostly show.

He has to do something for show, since he can't hit. Only a matter of time until he is replaced or off the roster.

Yeah I can't believe the Spankmees went out and spent all this money on all these other guys and didn't just resign Cano. That guy could field ... and throw ... and hit. At the time they were spewing BS about staying under the cap, but then they went out and dropped the next 3 largest contracts given out in the offseason and blew through the cap (I think).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jim Johnson out of the closer's role.</p>— Jane Lee (@JaneMLB) <a href="
">April 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Melvin: "We're going to give Jim a break" from the ninth. Now closer by committee: Doolittle, Gregerson, Cook, Otero all options.</p>— Jane Lee (@JaneMLB) <a href="

">April 10,

Wow, Melvin isn't Buck is he.

Wow, Melvin isn't Buck is he.

He may be trying to find the best candidate since Johnson is not up to the task. I don't think committee is his choice. Also, wasn't burdened by watching Johnson pile up saves for two years and building loyalty with him.

Johnson with a fantastic outing yesterday, 2IP and 4K's, no runs or hits. Can he keep it up?

Roberts with another 0-4 today, took no part in the Yankees victory. Tick tock, tick tock, time is ticking away for him. Wonder if he got too comfy in NY yet? He may be relocating again soon.

Balfour got his 3rd save, a 1 run save again and has 0.00 ERA. So far looks like the O's goofed.

Johnson with a fantastic outing yesterday, 2IP and 4K's, no runs or hits. Can he keep it up?

Roberts with another 0-4 today, took no part in the Yankees victory. Tick tock, tick tock, time is ticking away for him. Wonder if he got too comfy in NY yet? He may be relocating again soon.

Balfour got his 3rd save, a 1 run save again and has 0.00 ERA. So far looks like the O's goofed.

The O's were never doubting his effectiveness in 3 games pitched. They doubted he would stay healthy for the length of his 2 year contract. There can be absolutely no incrimination laid upon the Orioles until Balfour's contract with TB is nearing an end.

Archived