I Admit I Have Not Been Active Lately On OH and It is My Fault But.....

Old#5fan

Weren't you like 8 years old in 1963? Could you really analyze the relative quality of major league curveballs at that age, not to mention remember them for comparison to pitchers 50 years later?

John Stephens pitched in the 90's I believe didn't he? I saw Wally Bunker pitch the year he won 19 games. My favorite Uncle (may he RIP) took me to a game where we had seats right behind home plate, and Bunker had the best curve ball I have ever seen. Palmer and Boddicker also had a great one. Next to that I would go with Gregg Olson and Stephens, followed by Tillman.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not gonna happen my old friend ;)

Hammel's best success came with a knee injury that I believe altered his delivery ...ability to over throw etc...once the knee was repaired Hammel returned to his old mediocre self.

I'll bet ya he's not the 4th best pitcher on this staff.

Good thing for you I don't like betting against people I like..... but I have made frequent bets with Yankee fans....LOL.

Given the addition of Jiminez and the way Matusz, Britton, and Gausman are developing, I think if the O's miss Hammel it will mean that something has gone very wrong.

I was interested in signing him to close, but not for the rotation. He just doesn't stay healthy or consistently at his best for the rotation. Now, I'm glad we have Stinson and Meek instead.

Stinson and Meek?? Wow, I bet you would love to delete this post? LOL.

Stinson and Meek?? Wow, I bet you would love to delete this post? LOL.

Why? Stinson and Meek cost practically nothing to do what they're doing, whereas Hammel is the buttwipe of the A's rotation and costs millions on top of the prospects they gave up.

Why? Stinson and Meek cost practically nothing to do what they're doing, whereas Hammel is the buttwipe of the A's rotation and costs millions on top of the prospects they gave up.

Stinson may be okay, but I wouldn't give a bag of used baseballs for Evan Meek.

Thanks for the update.

Sorry if you didn't like it but my son-in-law who is also a huge O's fans also told me he cringes every time Meek enters a game... as do I. He's not major league caliber, at least not on a good team.

Sorry if you didn't like it but my son-in-law who is also a huge O's fans also told me he cringes every time Meek enters a game... as do I. He's not major league caliber, at least not on a good team.

Wait, he plays in the major leagues, so he's clearly major league caliber, by definition. Just like Nick is a gold glove caliber outfielder.

First, you quoted a post of mine from March 20th. Now, you're blabbing about a guy who has appeared in a grand total of 15 games this year and none since June 29th. Is there a point, or do you just have a need to ramble incessantly about irrelevant topics while the O's are making a legitimate run for the pennant?

Oh, never mind.

First, you quoted a post of mine from March 20th. Now, you're blabbing about a guy who has appeared in a grand total of 15 games this year and none since June 29th. Is there a point, or do you just have a need to ramble incessantly about irrelevant topics while the O's are making a legitimate run for the pennant?

Oh, never mind.

Correct me if I have you confused with another poster but didn't you state that the duo of Stinson and Meek are more valuable than Hamill? That is why I gave my take on Meek as you are essentially just stating Stinson is better which obviously just

Not so

Correct me if I have you confused with another poster but didn't you state that the duo of Stinson and Meek are more valuable than Hamill? That is why I gave my take on Meek as you are essentially just stating Stinson is better which obviously just

Not so

Going back to my March 20h post again, I see. Trying to talk to you is like trying to be nice to a telemarketer. I won't make that mistake again. Goodbye.

Weren't you like 8 years old in 1963? Could you really analyze the relative quality of major league curveballs at that age, not to mention remember them for comparison to pitchers 50 years later?

Hey, it's not just curve balls, sonny. I've read his nuanced analysis showing Curt Blefary was a better fielder than Nick Markakis. It's sublime.

It's sublime.

Honestly, the craftsmanship is unbelievable.

Never start no static I just get it off my chest

Never had to battle with no bulletproof vest

Take a small example, take a tip from me

Take all of your money, give it all to charity

Archived