Orioles have traded Alex Gonzalez to the Detroit Tigers

xian4

Wouldn't be surprised to see Weeks DFA coming (option or not). I'm sure they see Lombardozzi as an upgrade. Casilla is on a Minor League deal. I can almost see him making the club on opening day now.

Why would you release Weeks? This trade doesn't mean he is worse than Lombardozzi?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lombo is not a starting caliber major leaguer, but he's versatile and a great pinch hitter. Pretty much a young Jeff Reboulet. And DD got him for air.

I think Alex Gonzalez was pretty impressive this spring. I still like the trade, but I wouldn't call Gonzalez "air."

I think Alex Gonzalez was pretty impressive this spring. I still like the trade, but I wouldn't call Gonzalez "air."

Yea Gonzalez could help the Tigers. Question is for how long. At 37 playing such a demanding position, you would think he could break down by mid season.

Why would you release Weeks? This trade doesn't mean he is worse than Lombardozzi?

Just my speculation. I think the Orioles may view it that way and so do I. Weeks may have more upside, but has he shown much of anything in spring training. The past 2 years? Weeks is reputationally a poor defender. Lombardozzi clearly looks like the better defender and even more versatile. I think Weeks would likely clear waivers, which is also part of it. How many weak hitting second baseman do we need on the 40 man roster?

Yea Gonzalez could help the Tigers. Question is for how long. At 37 playing such a demanding position, you would think he could break down by mid season.

The Tigers seem to be a team that trades for need over value. I still don't get the Fister trade.

Just my speculation. I think the Orioles may view it that way and so do I. Weeks may have more upside, but has he shown much of anything in spring training. The past 2 years? Weeks is reputationally a poor defender. Lombardozzi clearly looks like the better defender and even more versatile. I think Weeks would likely clear waivers, which is also part of it. How many weak hitting second baseman do we need on the 40 man roster?

How many do we have on the 40 man now? Are we at 40 with Monnel being let go.

Honestly, Caleb Joseph's bat is probably as good if not better than Monell's. Sure, Monell's got some pop, but the only two seasons Monell has batted above .260 in the minors were in in the Cal League and the PCL, two leagues notorious for inflated numbers.

I think Celeb Joseph peed on someone's bushes in the Orioles organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may be right. That does make perfect sense and agreed, he prob clears waivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many do we have on the 40 man now? Are we at 40 with Monnel being let go.

I don't know, but I don't think there's a need for multiple weak hitting second baseman. Especially one that can't field very well. I would think we could put that spot to better use. But maybe they do value Weeks higher than I do at this point.

Do you know what his salary with us was? Gonzalez has BR comps of Jhonny Peralta and Juan Uribe.

I don't know, but I don't think there's a need for multiple weak hitting second baseman. Especially one that can't field very well. I would think we could put that spot to better use. But maybe they do value Weeks higher than I do at this point.

Who was the player we had for a couple of days then let go earlier this spring? I bring that up wondering if David Adams is a lock to be on the 40 man.

Archived