2014 Attendance Thread

OFFNY

I get what you're saying. My view is that 24 out of 30 teams will probably draw 2 mm this year, so it's not that much of an accomplishment. I'm still kind of amazed that, after three straight contending seasons, including a playoff appearance and a possible division title this year, we haven't reached the 2.62 mm we drew in 2005, which was our 8th straight losing season and the first year the Nats were in DC.

24 out of 30.

Wow.

It might not be that long that the "respectability" mark for attendance gets pushed up to 2.25 Million, instead of the 2 Million that it has been for the past two decades, now.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 out of 30.

Wow.

It might not be that long that the "respectability" mark for attendance gets pushed up to 2.25 Million, instead of the 2 Million that it has been for the past two decades, now.

It could be 25 -- Kansas City is only on pace for about 1.9 mm, but you have to think they may draw an extra 100 k in September if the AL Central race goes down to the wire. The only teams sure to not reach 2 mm are Houston, Miami, the White Sox, Cleveland and Tampa.

After 70 games

2013 2,058,388

2014 2,082,399.

All of 348 more fans per game to this point. After 71 games, the 2013 attendance was 2,090,080 and since we lose a paid gate this season, the overall change may be nominal.

ETA: We do have a weekend series vs. NYY that we didn't have last year. However, we did draw 87,953 for a 4 game weekday set vs them.

After 70 games

2013 2,058,388

2014 2,082,399.

All of 348 more fans per game to this point. After 71 games, the 2013 attendance was 2,090,080 and since we lose a paid gate this season, the overall change may be nominal.

ETA: We do have a weekend series vs. NYY that we didn't have last year. However, we did draw 87,953 for a 4 game weekday set vs them.

We'll with the new pricing plan they should be making more money. Also post season should help add some significant funds to the teams coffers.

After 70 games

2013 2,058,388

2014 2,082,399.

I expect extremely good attendance on our final homestand, which includes 4 weekend games with the Yankees, a three game series with the Jays and the final home weekend of the year against Boston. Put me down for 340,000+ in those 10 games, to finish at 2.42 mm.

I expect extremely good attendance on our final homestand, which includes 4 weekend games with the Yankees, a three game series with the Jays and the final home weekend of the year against Boston. Put me down for 340,000+ in those 10 games, to finish at 2.42 mm.

Our final weekend last year was also against Boston. You're still talking about maybe 70,000 increase total which is disappointing.

I don't have a reason for this year vs last. Two solid months in first should be driving up the gates. I went to 7 games this year which is about all I can reasonably afford.

I went to 16 games of the prior last two seasons. These year I have only been to three games. A pregnant wife and now a newborn is keeping me away. I would never criticize others for not attending more games. It is their money and time.

Archived