2014 Attendance Thread

OFFNY

It appears that we have had a huge amount of walk ups this home stand. Yesterday outperformed the projection by 4 k.

How do you know this, from someone in the ticket office?

In any event, 40,894 yesterday, and attendance is now up about 34,000, with another good crowd expected today and then the Yankees coming to town. I'll be interested to see what those weeknight crowds look like. Last year we had two weekday series with them at home and drew about 80,000 in May (3 games) and then 88,000 in September (4 games). I think we'll do much better this week, even though it's August and a lot of people are away.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In any event, 40,894 yesterday, and attendance is now up about 34,000, with another good crowd expected today and then the Yankees coming to town. I'll be interested to see what those weeknight crowds look like. Last year we had two weekday series with them at home and drew about 80,000 in May (3 games) and then 88,000 in September (4 games). I think we'll do much better this week, even though it's August and a lot of people are away.

I read the projection for yesterday was in the 36 k range. I think on MASN buried deep in an article. Maybe it was wrong or I read it wrong.

They will be down in force for Capt Jetes' farewell tour.

o

3 GAME-SET vs. Cardinals O (AUGUST 8th, 9th, 10th)

______

3-GAME AVERAGE: 37,472

Well that was below the range that I was hoping for. Even with the Cardinal fans leaving, you can't help but be disappointed in yesterday's crowd after the previous two nights.

Well that was below the range that I was hoping for. Even with the Cardinal fans leaving, you can't help but be disappointed in yesterday's crowd after the previous two nights.

From all the traffic I was in West Virginia coming back into Maryland last night, I would say everybody was out of town for the weekend. :)

The Sunday attendance was pretty disappointing. Lots of mostly empty sections in LFUR and RFUR.

I'm hoping as we get closer to September and the O's make their run, fans will come out and get closer to sellouts in these games. I'm sure family vacations have something to do with it (work's been slow, too).

Sunday's attendance was very disappointing. Though, as a Sunday season plan holder, I can't begrudge anyone for planning their trip to the Yard around missing out on the uninspired play we've seen on Sundays.

They'd won four of their last five games on Sundays. This myth that the Orioles are some AAA team on Sundays got old a long time ago.

They'd won four of their last five games on Sundays. This myth that the Orioles are some AAA team on Sundays got old a long time ago.

Well, as another Sunday season plan holder, I'd point out the Os are a whopping 3-7 at home on Sundays this year. So, yeah, I've seen a lot of stinkers.

Well, as another Sunday season plan holder, I'd point out the Os are a whopping 3-7 at home on Sundays this year. So, yeah, I've seen a lot of stinkers.

We all want to go to games in which the Orioles win, of course.

But they need us when they lose, too. ;)

All Oriole fans always serve a purpose, regardless of the outcome of the game. :cool:

Archived