2014 Attendance Thread

OFFNY

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any guess on attendance for the N.Y.Y. series?
Yesterday's rainout throws somewhat of a monkey wrench into the predictions/expectations of the attendance for this 3-game series.

71,605 through the first 2 games.

GAME ONE:Oo 34,018

GAME TWO:O. 37,587

The Orioles will have to draw exactly 34,783 for the make-up game on September 12th for my guesstimate to come to fruition.

71,605 through the first 2 games.

GAME ONE:Oo 34,018

GAME TWO:O. 37,587

The Orioles will have to draw exactly 34,783 for the make-up game on September 12th for my guesstimate to come to fruition.

Prediction: they will easily exceed it. That will be a popular game and anyone who doesn't trade in their Tuesday tickets for another game will be counted in the attendance whether they show up or not.

Prediction: they will easily exceed it.

Maybe.

But this was your original prediction:

I'm guessing 90-95,000 for the series. We only drew about 24,000 per game in seven weeknight games vs. NY last year, but they were all during months when school was in session, so I'm guessing we'll do better now. We averaged almost 30k per game in a weeknight series against the Angels two weeks ago, and I think we'll top that for the Yankees.

So, I was wrong. Glad to have underestimated the crowds instead of being wrong the other way.

And I'll probably be wrong, also.

But I wouldn't have pointed it out and predicted that somebody else's guesstimate would be probably wrong if I were wrong in the first place.

And I'll probably be wrong, also.

But I wouldn't have pointed it out and predicted that somebody else's guesstimate would be probably wrong if I were wrong in the first place.

That wasn't my intention at all. I'm just saying I think we'll draw more than 34,000 for that game, the way things have worked out.

Archived