2014 Attendance Thread

OFFNY

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great to see the turnout for this series. Attendance is up 98,000 through 78 home dates. I think the closing series will outdraw last year's 111,000 and we'll end up more than 100,000 up on the season. But I've been wrong before.

So averaging $25 a ticket that's an extra $2.5 mil they can use to resign J.J. Hardy! Right?

Great to see the turnout for this series. Attendance is up 98,000 through 78 home dates. I think the closing series will outdraw last year's 111,000 and we'll end up more than 100,000 up on the season. But I've been wrong before.

And last year the O's had 81 home dates, compared with 80 this season. That one less date makes it impossible to reach 2.5 million from this point.

There were a lot of kids out there last night. My kids' elementary school sold tickets and there were 500 of us there. Maybe there were a bunch of other schools doing the same thing? Anyway, it was a great crowd. I was expecting not many people and a letdown from the team (which would have been understandable). I should have known better than to expect anything less than 100% effort from this team.

I thought twi night doubleheaders counts separate, since they clear the stadium and a new ticket is required?????

They don't clear the stadium in a twi-night DH. It's single admission because there's not enough time between games. Only in a day/night DH do they clear the park.

It's interesting to note that the Nats' attendance is actually slightly down this year. Total DC/BAL attendance will be about flat, but with the O's up about 100k and the Nats down maybe 50-70k (though the Nats will still outdraw the O's by 120-150k). Considering the similar paths of the two teams the last 3 years, that makes me feel a bit better about the O's modest gain. I'm still kind of surprised that both teams haven't done better.

Archived