Off Day for the O's ??? Root Against the Yankees

OFFNY

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just so injuries occur.

No injuries to jeter or brob please. I want them out there for as many of the 162 as possible. It's good for a great ex-oriole, it's good for O's fans and best of all it's probably not good for the Yankees!

This is a total hunch, based on nothing, but I always feel like the Yankees are better equipped to rebound from a bad start than the Red Sox. A lot of years they've been at .500 or below around Memorial Day only to surge in June and July. Maybe it's because of 2011, but I feel like if the Red Sox start off slow, they'll just implode. So I don't mind seeing the Yankees handle the Red Sox early (although if Pineda keeps pitching like that, yikes). Bury Boston now, take care of the Yankees later.

I'm rooting for the Floridians tonight.

In 3 starts so far this season, David Price has a 2.91 E.R.A., an 0.969 W.H.I.P., and has only walked 2 batters in 21.67 innings pitched.

C.C. Sabathia, on the other hand, has an E.R.A. of 6.63, and he leads the league (along with John Lackey and Jered Weaver) with 5 home runs allowed.

(APRIL 17th)

NEW YORK YANKEES

Jacoby Ellsbury - CF

Derek Jeter - SS

Carlos Beltran - RF

Alfonso Soriano - DH

Brian McCann - C

Yangervis Solarte - 3B

Scott Sizemore - 1B

Brian Roberts - 2B

Ichiro Suzuki - LF

C.C. Sabathia - LHP (0-1, 9.64 ERA)

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS

Ben Zobrist - 2B

Desmond Jennings - DH

Logan Forsythe - LF

Evan Longoria - 3B

Wil Myers - RF

Sean Rodriguez - 1B

Brandon Guyer - CF

Yunel Escobar - SS

Jose Molina - C

David Price - LHP (2-0, 2.91 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

Just saw the triple play highlight. It really is Yankee Stadium South down there. Huge roar from the crowd.

I heard that as well but was hoping it was just excitement overseen something so uncommon.... But you're probably right it's the bandwagon fans switching over because the Yankees are in town...

I heard that as well but was hoping it was just excitement overseen something so uncommon .... But you're probably right, it's the bandwagon fans switching over because the Yankees are in town ...

Can you imagine switching from the Orioles to the Yankees and back again, all in the course of a week or two ??? Ugh.

I think that the people that do that should live in Alaska or the far northern sections of Europe for a few years, where it is daylight for 6 straight months, and then dark for 6 straight months ...... just to see what it's like to actually stick with something for awhile.

Can you imagine switching from the Orioles to the Yankees and back again, all in the course of a week or two ??? Ugh.

I think that the people that do that should live in Alaska or the far northern sections of Europe for a few years, where it is daylight for 6 straight months, and then dark for 6 straight months ...... just to see what it's like to actually stick with something for awhile.

Sound thinking there, I am all for it!

Archived