Bedard Anticipates Trade....According to Sun

millertime

MacPhail's philosophy is to build with pitching and defense. There is no better centerpiece for the O's to build around then Bedard. It just can't take many years. It has to be an aggressive effort by O's owner and FO.

The environment in which MacPhail and Trembley want pitching and defense to be built is similar to the one Macphail had in Minnesota. A team oriented, team first commitment among the players. Bedard is not the best center piece around which to build a team in this context. He's too selfish. It's the reason why they don't want to sign him and will eventually trade him.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you really believe AM has not already gone through this PROCESS with Bedard?

Trade him already and move on with the future of the franchise!

Do I think MacPhail and Pieper talked? Yes.

Do I think that Bedard may have formed a different opinion as the reality of being traded to Seattle gets closer? That is a definite possibility.

What was true a month ago, may not be true now. Bedard may be thinking that if Peter and Andy tell him they are committed to building rapidly, Bedard may sign a long term agreement.

Do I think that Bedard may have formed a different opinion as the reality of being traded to Seattle gets closer? That is a definite possibility.

What was true a month ago, may not be true now. Bedard may be thinking that if Peter and Andy tell him they are committed to building rapidly, Bedard may sign a long term agreement.

I'm sure he has their phone number (at least MacPhail's) if he wanted to communicate that to them. So does his agent. I don't see how complaining to the media about the discussions that took place over a month ago is any kind of effort to get that sort of an idea across.

Do you ever feel like you (with your consistent line of thought on the O's, Bedard, and rebuilding) are swimming upstream aganst a riptide like current with an anchor tied around your waist? :eek::D

The problem is without moving Bedard & Roberts there is no rapid rebuild.

If they didn't move those guys we would resign C Patterson, & sign Trachsel or Lohse & end up with Uribe or someone like that ... Sound familiar??????? We have been drowning it it for 10 + years ...since 97 the last time we were loaded;)

The environment in which MacPhail and Trembley want pitching and defense to be built is similar to the one Macphail had in Minnesota. A team oriented, team first commitment among the players. Bedard is not the best center piece around which to build a team in this context. He's too selfish. It's the reason why they don't want to sign him and will eventually trade him.

Correct me if I am wrong because I did not see the interview, but I understand that Loewen spoke of Bedard as a friend and good teammate. Not an attitude problem.

I think the bad attitude problem comes from Bedard not talking to the media. That was also true of Eddie Murray. That was a bunch of BS then and I suspect it is a lot of BS now with Bedard.

Excuse me, but this is message board baloney IMO. It may well be that they have decided they have to trade him, but not for these alleged attitude problems :rolleyes: rather, because they realize that he is simply worth more in trade, to a team that is more than a couple of players away from contention.

Message board baloney? Have you read the quotes from Macphail and Trembley about the kind of team they want to build? The comments from Trembley about the name on the front of the jersey being more important then the name on the back. MacPhail's references to the Twins organization being team oriented. These comments say as much about the current team and its make up as it does about the direction in which they want to move.

Message board baloney? Have you read the quotes from Macphail and Trembley about the kind of team they want to build? The comments from Trembley about the name on the front of the jersey being more important then the name on the back. MacPhail's references to the Twins organization being team oriented. These comments say as much about the current team and its make up as it does about the direction in which they want to move.

I agree with you 100% with these comments in general and about Bedard specifically....so I suppose this is where WC and I part ways.....

I have to agree on this. I think we need to rid ourselves of all the "Me" guys

Gibbons, Huff, Bedard, Tejada (LOL He's already gone oops!)

&

Some of the not so me guys as well Millar, Mora, Roberts , Payton, Walker, Bradford....(Did I get em all???)

I'm sure he has their phone number (at least MacPhail's) if he wanted to communicate that to them. So does his agent. I don't see how complaining to the media about the discussions that took place over a month ago is any kind of effort to get that sort of an idea across.

ARod had bigger money at stake and is a better communicator then Bedard, and he still had trouble with an agent in between him and the club.

Maybe a reporter just asked the right question as the right time and it exposed what Bedard is really thinking.

Now that it is out there it is MacPhail's job to get to the bottom of the comments. And have no doubt he will do just that.

Correct me if I am wrong because I did not see the interview, but I understand that Loewen spoke of Bedard as a friend and good teammate. Not an attitude problem.

I think the bad attitude problem comes from Bedard not talking to the media. That was also true of Eddie Murray. That was a bunch of BS then and I suspect it is a lot of BS now with Bedard.

Well I saw the Loewen interview and let me say it wasn't a ringing endorsement.

I disagree that Bedard and Murray are analagous. Bedard has no where near the resume Eddie had when he was run out of town by the media.

I put more stock in what Dave Johnson had to say about Bedard then others do. Johnson doesn't have a reputation for badmouthing players.

I have to agree on this. I think we need to rid ourselves of all the "Me" guys

Gibbons, Huff, Bedard, Tejada (LOL He's already gone oops!)

&

Some of the not so me guys as well Millar, Mora, Roberts , Payton, Walker, Bradford....(Did I get em all???)

Payton and Mora are "not so me guys"??!! :P

Well I saw the Loewen interview and let me say it wasn't a ringing endorsement.

I disagree that Bedard and Murray are analagous. Bedard has no where near the resume Eddie had when he was run out of town by the media.

I put more stock in what Dave Johnson had to say about Bedard then others do. Johnson doesn't have a reputation for badmouthing players.

Can you grab the Johnson quote and link it here?

Do you ever feel like you (with your consistent line of thought on the O's, Bedard, and rebuilding) are swimming upstream aganst a riptide like current with an anchor tied around your waist? :eek::D

Yes Sir, I do. But I believe what I believe. And the more the off season plays out the more I think I am pretty close to right.

Not that it will turn out the way I want. But now that Bedard has said this it is just another indication that there is a way to keep Bedard and Roberts and trade some of the young pitchers to fill holes, sign a big bat next off season and be on the way to contention in a year or two rather then four or five years.

Archived