The Reactionary Thread

Rene88

At the very least, we should have acquired a MOO bat and one bullpen arm.

That would have made some kind of difference.

Right now it's bad. Real bad. I saw this coming back in January.

I wanted to be wrong. So badly.

MSK

Don't you see this coming every January?

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The O's look to me to be in pretty good shape. We have three effective starters. Just need to find two more, get the offense going (the production from 1B, 2B, LF and RF needs to be improved), tighten up the defense, and improve the bullpen top to bottom. Then we'll be all set to compete.

Add a heart too, this team has none. Machado from Platinum to Tin. Go figure. The trio of Snider, Lough and DeAza show few signs of being helpful on even a semi regular basis. It is painful to watch. The only good news for UJ haters is that if he continues to pitch well, the O's may be able to dump him and his contract.

At the very least, we should have acquired a MOO bat and one bullpen arm.

That would have made some kind of difference.

Right now it's bad. Real bad. I saw this coming back in January.

I wanted to be wrong. So badly.

MSK

We already had those things. All we had to do was give them competitive contracts. Why do you think the the DD thread got to record numbers. Everyone knew then. If your GM wants another job, that's where is heart is going to be. To say otherwise is just beating a dead horse apparently. But 40 games it's not hyperbole, it's FACT. If this team can't afford to improve upon a young roster that made it to the ALCS then it needs to be rebuilding. Just being around .500 should not be the goal.

We already had those things. All we had to do was give them competitive contracts. Why do you think the the DD thread got to record numbers. Everyone knew then. If your GM wants another job, that's where is heart is going to be. To say otherwise is just beating a dead horse apparently. But 40 games it's not hyperbole, it's FACT. If this team can't afford to improve upon a young roster that made it to the ALCS then it needs to be rebuilding. Just being around .500 should not be the goal.

Are you saying DD sets the budget?

They're really breaking my heart. We see bits and pieces of things to bring our hopes up. But we just keep getting let down. I hope when Schoop and Weiters come back we'll get on a roll and hopefully it won't be too late.

I feel bad for Manny, I really do. He just can't seem to get it together. I know he will though.

I feel bad for Chris, De Aza, Joseph, and Pearce who just seem lost at bat right now. We need to get better. If these guys can step up our offense will improve and we'll be winning games again.

I feel for the pitchers who aren't getting the wins they deserve.

Please come back O's.

They're really breaking my heart. We see bits and pieces of things to bring our hopes up. But we just keep getting let down. I hope when Schoop and Weiters come back we'll get on a roll and hopefully it won't be too late.

I feel bad for Manny, I really do. He just can't seem to get it together. I know he will though.

I feel bad for Chris, De Aza, Joseph, and Pearce who just seem lost at bat right now. We need to get better. If these guys can step up our offense will improve and we'll be winning games again.

Please come back O's.

At this point Wieters and Schoop might be our best hope.

Please come back O's.

I agree except for Pearce who tonite as was Hardy last nite was our offense !

Significant savings could have been garnered by aggressive non-tendering of arbitration eligible players.

Has any team non-tendered four or more players in an off season?

Right but would those savings have mattered about Miller and Cruz?

We need one of these outfielders to get going. The current plan isn't working.

Now that the starting pitcher has been good the past two games the hitting has vanished and the defense and bullpen horrible. Regardless though you won't win games scoring one run so buck needs to make them take extra hitting practice Imo!

Right but would those savings have mattered about Miller and Cruz?

I wouldn't have spent on those two eve if they had made the cuts.

I was speaking in a general strategic sense. The truth is arbitration awards killed payroll flexibility.

I was just imagining the repercussions if that course of action had followed.

Archived