The Reactionary Thread

Rene88

This isn't entirely fair. DD did pull the trigger (slightly) on Cruz. He didn't want Cruz leading baseball is nearly all offensive stats for the O's because he was worried he might not be worth an extra year 3 years from now.

And you believe if he was GM of the Red Sox or Yankees he would have the same concerns? At what point are people going to accept the fact that this team operates the way they do. A contract like that for NY or Boston or LA is nothing, it matters here.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And you believe if he was GM of the Red Sox or Yankees he would have the same concerns? At what point are people going to accept the fact that this team operates the way they do. A contract like that for NY or Boston or LA is nothing, it matters here.

That's true.

For the first time in 3 years, I thought this last night and not just about last night's game.. pretty much the entire season.

I could not agree more. 3 hits at home and 5 hits the game before. The starters did okay but the bullpen fell apart again. This team is very hard to watch. We won the AL east and a step away from the World series. Why didn't we build on that?

This is why, unless we start to show we're a different team soon, I think we should sell at the trade deadline given what we're almost assuredly losing in the off season. That said, I hope we wake up and look like a different team soon.

Are you really going to do better than a draft pick for Davis? Doubtful. Norris? No way. Chen? Perhaps. Hunter doesn't have a lot of value. O'Day a little. ...just not a lot of value to trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could not agree more. 3 hits at home and 5 hits the game before. The starters did okay but the bullpen fell apart again. This team is very hard to watch. We won the AL east and a step away from the World series. Why didn't we build on that?

EXACTLY! 98 teams out of a 100 would have! We, and probably Miami, went the opposite way. People don't realize how hard it is to win championships. Especially for small to mid market teams like Baltimore. LOTS of things have to happen correctly for this to happen. But here we are, at the end of the 2014 season, one series away from the WS, after winning the division by open lengths, and our strategy was to get RID OF 2 of our best players? Huh???? Knowing that in 2016 we are losing much of our core? It made no sense. None.

And having them all in 2019 is much closer to what gave us 14 years of losing than any what if.

I know it doesn't matter now, but I don't get this line of reasoning, which is all too prevalent on this board. The goal is to win the WS, now. Not to be merely good every year between now and 2019. If to win it all in 2015 they must suck in 2019, I guarantee you, most fans would take that deal. I agree with Mr. Big, 2015 was the year to go for it. And they would be just resigning their own players! Not trying to buy a trophy by taking someone else's free agents.

And who is guaranteeing the World Series championship with the resigning of Cruz and Miller? We didn't win int last year with them.

They did not but might have. They ran into a very hot and lucky team in the ALCS. You have to try again, and with the return of MM and Wieters you had to believe (in January 2015) that they would have had a chance.

The Tigers were supposed to beat us. I'm sure there are plenty who think we were lucky to get past them. KC looks even better this year.

The O's swept them. Yes, they were swept by KC. But bring the same teams back and play the ALCS again against KC, the result would all but certainly be different. The team got down on themselves after the first couple of freakish losses. And they didn't have MM or Wieters.

Are you really going to do better than a draft pick for Davis? Doubtful. Norris? No way. Chen? Perhaps. Hunter doesn't have a lot of value. O'Day a little. ...just not a lot of value to trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree don't trade em for a bag of balls, but if we continue to play this way, options should be explored.

Archived