Some info

MoeknowsO's

Well, the handbook projections are assuming he plays with the Orioles. If he goes to the Mariners, it certainly helps, but I'm not sure by how much. What do run support and the bullpen have to do with era? I'm not talking about wins, I'm talking about era. Hill had worse run support anyways.

"Hill pitched in the NL central not the AL East ...Anyone who cant see the drastic difference either doesn't want to or is just plain ignorant!"

Ignorant? The fact that one plays in the NLC and the other in the ALE is the reason I thought Hill had a better chance to put up a better era. I never said Hill was better than Bedard. Never. I said that I thought he had a good chance to put up better numbers next season. I don't see why there's a need to call me names, I was just giving my opinion. My opinion is not that Bedard isn't good (he obviously is), just that I don't think he will ever perform like he did this season again, and that it's a good idea to trade him now.

IMO its easier for a guy to pitch with a 3 run lead then a tie game.... You know the old phrase " Trying to be to perfect" .

Sorry ... The ignorant thing was just a general statement from Reading the Cubbie boards from other sights. They have talked at great lengths about how they wouldn't trade Hill for Bedard. Again Sorry ;) No hard feelings Eh!

just that I don't think he will ever perform like he did this season again

I not sure either but so far their is no signs in his performance that say he will immediately decline!

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, the handbook projections are assuming he plays with the Orioles. If he goes to the Mariners, it certainly helps, but I'm not sure by how much. What do run support and the bullpen have to do with era? I'm not talking about wins, I'm talking about era. Hill had worse run support anyways.

"Hill pitched in the NL central not the AL East ...Anyone who cant see the drastic difference either doesn't want to or is just plain ignorant!"

Ignorant? The fact that one plays in the NLC and the other in the ALE is the reason I thought Hill had a better chance to put up a better era. I never said Hill was better than Bedard. Never. I said that I thought he had a good chance to put up better numbers next season. I don't see why there's a need to call me names, I was just giving my opinion. My opinion is not that Bedard isn't good (he obviously is), just that I don't think he will ever perform like he did this season again, and that it's a good idea to trade him now.

I'm not sure about run support, but the bullpen can certainly have an effect on a starter's ERA.

I'm not sure about run support, but the bullpen can certainly have an effect on a starter's ERA.

That's true, but not really enough of an impact to severely impact a guy's era. Does anyone know where to find a stat of the average amount of inherited runs scored over a full season that end up being charged to a starter? That probably didn't sound right, but you know what I'm saying. Probably be a difficult stat to find though.

For the people who are upset that I haven't PM'ed them back, just take into thought that I have recieved over 50 PM's today;)

And I just read the thread that accused me of lying, and that is all not true.

People can believe what they want, but can I refresh you on something?

The day before Tony broke the story about Roberts being traded to the Cubs, I said something very interseting the night before. I responded to a posters question, saying to go to sleep and expect something tomorrow.

The next day, the story is on the front page. BB didn't say anything about it, nor did Peace or Belkast.

For the people who are upset that I haven't PM'ed them back, just take into thought that I have recieved over 50 PM's today;)

The day before Tony broke the story about Roberts being traded to the Cubs, I said something very interseting the night before. I responded to a posters question, saying to go to sleep and expect something tomorrow.

The next day, the story is on the front page. BB didn't say anything about it, nor did Peace or Belkast.

The only thing that happened was it was put on the front page. There was no trade.

Out of curiosity, how long have you had your source, and how did you meet him/her? You don't have to say who, just how.

Im on your side Joey, and i hope some people's harsh words don't stop you from posting here, for those who want to read this far into "insider" info, skip the post or don't read the thread...i enjoy hearing all the possible deals and will continue to read and appreciate what you post here..

The only thing that happened was it was put on the front page. There was no trade.

I think his point is that he mentioned it before.... Tony reported it as done by 2 of his sources as I recall. And if thats the case maybe he got lucky or maybe he has access to someone (maybe a insider or maybe a poster in yet another forum that gets info)

I'd like to believe him .... Its hard though after reading the IPACY post :(

I think his point is that he mentioned it before.... Tony reported it as done by 2 of his sources as I recall. And if thats the case maybe he got lucky or maybe he has access to someone (maybe a insider or maybe a poster in yet another forum that gets info)

I'd like to believe him .... Its hard though after reading the IPACY post :(

Either way the trade didn't work out, unfortunatley. And yes it is hard to decide whether he is telling the truth or not, so I'm not going to say my opinion.

Then why, according to your prosportsdaily posts, did you only start getting inside info earlier this month?

Really, I'm not going to keep arguing, as there is no point, but usually when you have a source, you might not be allowed to share certain stuff. Sometimes when the things are getting really hot, you have to keep your mouth shut, as you can't leak anything, and before New Years, a trade was really, really close.

Out of curiosity, how long have you had your source, and how did you meet him/her? You don't have to say who, just how.

What is the problem? If you don't like what he has to say or if you don't believe him, just put him on ignor. There are many here that want to hear what he has to say.

Archived