Chen and Gonzalez-are they done?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, they are both done.

The each had a big breakfast late this morning, and a light lunch a few hours later.

They are both done eating until about an hour or two after the completion of tonight's game.

Oh, yeah.

In addition to being done eating, Chen is also done pitching tonight ...... after throwing 6.33 innings of 1-run ball.

OP read the first two chapters of his World War II book and planned a trip to beautiful Vichy France.

Would it be dirty pool if I were to recommend him to take a break at the laid-back, very affordable Bates Motel ???

Now don't any of you guys be letting Chen off because of this one good start tonight. It was a against the Rays horrific offense and it's still April; the ball doesn't carry good. And as good as he was supposed to be, Buck wouldn't even trust him to finish the 7th. We shouldn't even be using the bullpen now. High pitch count once again. :)

Now don't any of you guys be letting Chen off because of this one good start tonight.

I'm not "letting him off."

I'm just not ready to start writing the obituary of his pitching career because of 2 bad starts in April, after having pitched 2 pretty good seasons in 2012 and 2013.

Now don't any of you guys be letting Chen off because of this one good start tonight. It was a against the Rays horrific offense and it's still April; the ball doesn't carry good. And as good as he was supposed to be' date=' Buck wouldn't even trust him to finish the 7th. We shouldn't even be using the bullpen now. High pitch count once again. :)[/quote']

If we can't let him off the hook for one good start why can you put him on the hook for two bad starts?

6.33 innings, which Chen pitched tonight, would be ever-so-slightly higher than the 6.31 average of Tigers starters last season, who led the league in innings pitched.

Im as frustrated as the next about the Orioles start. But lets not jump to anything rash. I mean come on. How about this? We should replace Jones with someone who has a better OBP because THAT will fix the Orioles offensive problems.

Have Gonzo and Chen NOT proven they cant hold their own in a major league rotation? But assuming they havent, and that is an a$$ u me situation, lets replace them with two guys who are still a long way away from throwing a major league pitch or a guy who hasnt exactly dominated in AAA or ANY minor league affiliate.

How about lets let some of this shake out. Is anyone pulling away in the Al East yet? Last I checked the Orioles are two game out of first place.

Please go back and read my post and I think you'll see you have misinterpreted it. My fault for the bad pun (Tad Redonkulous vs. http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=dipzin000tad). :)

I.e., I have never supported the silly notion of pulling Chen or Gonzalez from the rotation on the basis of two or three disappointing performances, whether this year, 2013, or 2012.

DFA'd, cant we edit posts anymore?

"We" can. You used to be a full fledged registered poster, until you exceeded the 500 post threshold. At that post, you could have decided to become a plus member to keep all of your privledges and add some, Evidently no one explained to you that you were now a limited posting member. It's automatic on posters with over 500 posts that choose not to support the site.

PM me with any questions, I'll be glad to help you out.

Now don't any of you guys be letting Chen off because of this one good start tonight. It was a against the Rays horrific offense and it's still April; the ball doesn't carry good. And as good as he was supposed to be' date=' Buck wouldn't even trust him to finish the 7th. We shouldn't even be using the bullpen now. High pitch count once again. :)[/quote']

He's a league average starter. I expect him to pitch that way.

"We" can. You used to be a full fledged registered poster, until you exceeded the 500 post threshold. At that post, you could have decided to become a plus member to keep all of your privledges and add some, Evidently no one explained to you that you were now a limited posting member. It's automatic on posters with over 500 posts that choose not to support the site.

PM me with any questions, I'll be glad to help you out.

Plus is cheap at twice the price.

I'm not "letting him off."

I'm just not ready to start writing the obituary of his pitching career because of 2 bad starts in April, after having pitched 2 pretty good seasons in 2012 and 2013.

If we can't let him off the hook for one good start why can you put him on the hook for two bad starts?

6.33 innings, which Chen pitched tonight, would be ever-so-slightly higher than the 6.31 average of Tigers starters last season, who led the league in innings pitched.

Uh, I believe Bahama's remarks were tongue in cheek.

Archived