The Chad Watch

Creamsicle

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This thread has been very fun to read this afternoon. I was going to respond about the Chad stuff but 20 others already did.

Good to see the kid getting up to speed, we need him back.

Hi, DAVID.

See you in September. ;)

Or ....... perhaps it is because they have been calling him "Nick" all along since his rookie year in 2006, and a lot of them are not even aware of Palmer's pancake nickname when he played and/or don't make a correlation between the two, since they probably never called him anything besides "Nick" in the first place.

I can't recall any Oriole referring to Markakis by any kind of nickname. Buck often calls him "Nicky" in his pressers.

Brittany Ghiroli ✔ @Britt_Ghiroli

Manny Machado did 6 sprints at 90 feet today. Was cleared to run yesterday and will work up to 180 ft w/ the plan for 2/3 ext spring games2:16 PM - 14 Apr 2014

Chad? I didn't know who you were talking about until I read your post. If you

want to call Manny Chad I guess you can. I don't care for it. But do what you feel

best.

OK, I will bite-can someone explain how Manny is "Chad"?
Ma CHAD o. :rolleyestf:
That has too be the STOOOPIDest thing I have heard! Who's the genius that came up with that?

Maybe the same person that started calling the New York Rangers hockey team "The 'Gers," about 10 years ago.

OK, I will bite-can someone explain how Manny is "Chad"?
Ma CHAD o. :rolleyestf:
That has too be the STOOOPIDest thing I have heard! Who's the genius that came up with that?
Maybe the same person that started calling the New York Rangers hockey team "The 'Gers," about 10 years ago.
Or the Giants "The 'Gints?"

Ehhhhh ...... that one actually stuck for a while.

I wouldn't put that in the same category as "Chad" for Manny Machado or "The 'Gers" for the New York Rangers.

I can guarantee you nobody in the clubhouse calls Nick Kakes. That's because they know that that is Palmer's nick name and they have some respect for O's history..

Even after seeing it many times before I still get a kick out of your tireless defense of Palmer's nickname. I guess everyone has to stand for something.

I always assumed Chad was just a codeword for "Bro".
This thread has been very fun to read this afternoon. I was going to respond about the Chad stuff but 20 others already did.

Good to see the kid getting up to speed, we need him back.

A Chad can be identified by his appearance which usually consists of the following: mesh trucker hat, frosted hair, greasy spiked hair, polo shirt with the collar turned up, fake tan, ringer t-shirt two sizes too small, pants two sizes too small, wifebeater in public, and a light colored button-up shirt. Chad's also have spent time in a fraternity, will dance by themselves to attract attention, and typically drink light beer.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chad

I can guarantee you nobody in the clubhouse calls Nick Kakes. That's because they know that that is Palmer's nick name and they have some respect for O's history..

I always sort of figured that the players mostly can't stand Jim Palmer, so I doubt they would care, even if they knew it was his nickname (which by the way they don't).

They either wear the latest fashionable clothing from big brands, or highly expensive graphic tees, most likely of the MMA (Mixed martial arts) variety. They most likely sport a tribal tattoo, or something of the like.

Dude 1: Dude, this bar is totally full of chads tonight, what gives?

Dude 2: It's $1 Bud Light Night. Don't you know? They only like light beer.

Dude 1: Meh, screw this. Let's go somewhere else and grab a pitcher of Newcastle.

A chad is typically a male. it's common that a chad would have gelled hair and wear sun glasses because they think they make them look cool. Chads would be know to act tough and like they can't fight however they will never fight. Examples of chad brands are afliction tapout hurley famous etc. Chads typically only drink and don't smoke.

That chad is taking creatine.

Hey chad where'd you get that tapout shirt?

Archived