The Chad Watch

Creamsicle

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, can't stand was probably too strong. But don't you figure that Palmer has that "I'm an all-time great and I know it" air about him most of the time, and that probably annoys the players? Anyway, I doubt they'd care about stealing his nickname is mostly my point.

Also, I doubt any of the players call Markakis "Kakes" - I think that's mostly for female fans and children - and none of the current players have any idea what Palmer's nickname might have been.

At around the 9 minute mark..

http://eutawstreetreport.com/eutaw-street-video/tommy-hunter-on-intentional-talk-you-gotta-respect-the-fart/

Enjoy.

I love that he called Buck 'The Show'. Thats a nickname I could get behind.

I used "Show" for a while last year. Might have to restart that.

Oh and BTW besides "Fellaherty" my other favorite new nickname is "Mintyfresh" (pretty obvious who that is). I don't have one for Nelson yet, tho once his bat heats up I'll be referring to his HRs as "Cruz Missiles".

A trio of Chads. Imagine Manny in this group.

MR2055.jpg

:rofl:

A Chad is typically depicted as originating in Chicago's affluent North Shore suburbs (Highland Park, Lincolnshire, Deerfield, Northbrook, Glencoe, Winnetka, Glenview, Wilmette, or Lake Forest), receiving a BMW for his 16th birthday, obtaining a law or business degree from a Big Ten University, belonging to a fraternity, moving to Lincoln Park, marrying a Trixie, and then moving back to the North Suburbs.[4]

As such, "Chads" are not unique to Chicago but representative of a stereotyped subculture in contemporary America.

Archived